Oil leaky

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

TC
On the street

Oil leaky

Post by TC »

Oil leaking somewhere in the front of the engine, below the exhaust ports. Does not seem to be goo and dribble from the exhaust, but seems to be injection oil consistentcy. Could this be something to do with the sris system? Is it possible that oil could be leaking where the case halves bolt together? Also, has the address changed for the online manual? This is a 73 GT 750. Thanks,

tc
When in doubt, smoke it out!
73buffalo
On the street

The Manual

Post by 73buffalo »

The online manual site did change. The ~ in front of mraxl is no longer there. Here is the current link:

http://www.3cyl.com/mraxl/gt/index.htm
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: Oil leaky

Post by rngdng »

TC wrote:Oil leaking somewhere in the front of the engine, below the exhaust ports. Does not seem to be goo and dribble from the exhaust, but seems to be injection oil consistentcy. Could this be something to do with the sris system? Is it possible that oil could be leaking where the case halves bolt together? Also, has the address changed for the online manual? This is a 73 GT 750. Thanks,

tc

It wouldn't be leaking from the split in the cases (if it's still running), but it could be from a leaky fitting or hose in the SRIS system.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
TC
On the street

Post by TC »

I am hoping that it is one of the hoses, I have remove the exhaust and drained the coolant so I can get in there and clean it real good... Some, I have noted , have blocked off the system, how is that done?... Thanks for the updated address on the manual.

tc
When in doubt, smoke it out!
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: Oil leaky

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

TC wrote:Oil leaking somewhere in the front of the engine, below the exhaust ports. Does not seem to be goo and dribble from the exhaust, but seems to be injection oil consistentcy. tc
I expect you have already ruled this out, but sometimes you do see this as a result of a leaking exhaust gasket seal. If its on a centre pipe, then it can appear to be SRIS oil - till you wash it all off and double check where the oil is coming from, sometimes its tough to tell.
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !