T500 - Rotor Removal Bolt Size?

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Frank
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, GT550 (electric conversion), Hayabusa

T500 - Rotor Removal Bolt Size?

Post by Frank »

I usually use a bolt as part of a rotor removal tool (put a 1" long piece of bolt shank inside hole then push against it to pop the rotor off.) Can someone tell me what the bolt size is on the inside of the rotor?

thanks!
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

Suzuki is a thoughtful company and provided you with a rotor puller on your T500. The rear axle! The axle threads are the same as the rotor. Understandably, you may not want to remove the rear wheel to take off the rotor. So buy a 16mm x 1.50 pitch bolt - Your local Sears hardware may have them. If not you can buy one from www.mcmaster.com (part number 91180A865 should work). You'll need a handful of #10 washers. Put 4-5 #10 washers into the hole in the rotor, screw in your 16mm bolt, tighten it down with a socket wrench. You'll see the rotor start to come off the crank. It may come all the way off on it's own or it may not. If it stops just shy of dropping off, give the flat top of your 16mm bolt a quick tap with a hammer and it should come off.....

Jim
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Handy tip - thanks !
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Frank
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, GT550 (electric conversion), Hayabusa

Post by Frank »

16 X 1.5 it is! Thanks! I just may have access to an axle bolt too!