Buffalo head dilemma

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Willie
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750, GS1100E, GS1100G

Buffalo head dilemma

Post by Willie »

I'd like opinions as to which of 2 modified heads I have available to go with. The 1st head has been milled and cc'ed. The thermostat housing (cavity?) has been shortened so much that IF a thermostat were to be used, it would fit down inside the bore and be held in position and pressed against the opening of the fitting directly below it. The combustion chambers of 2nd head appear to have been filled in with weld and re-machined to provide a conventional squish band area. The thermostat area hasn't been modified.

Thanks for any responses and opinions posted.
I've been everywhere from Bangor all the way to mighty Maine!
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Buffalo head dilemma

Post by Alan H »

I suppose it would depend what you would use the engine for and what the compression ratio would be. Race, sprint, whatever. It might not be suitable for road use due to overhigh comp ratio and powerband characteristics.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Willie
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750, GS1100E, GS1100G

Re: Buffalo head dilemma

Post by Willie »

I appreciate your response and should have included that info in my original post. The bike will not see the track. Its meant for street use only. I should have also mentioned that it has been mildly ported (ie more clean up than anything), has chambers, electronic ignition and larger carbs with pods.
Thanks for your input.
I've been everywhere from Bangor all the way to mighty Maine!