Oil Tank Cap

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Glyn.G
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT380 B- Yamaha FZ1

Oil Tank Cap

Post by Glyn.G »

Hi All,
Not been on here for a while mainly because everything is running smooth on my 1977 GT380. Anyhow I've just received a new Oil Tank Cap gasket set part number 44600-30832 as the plastic domed insert in my cap has fallen apart. The kit came with 3 parts, the rubber domed seal, the plastic domed insert and a flat plastic disc with 2 cut outs on the edge.
Does anyone know where the flat plastic disc goes as my original one does'nt have one and in what order are they fitted.
Kind Regards,
Glyn.
jsjays1
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1969 T350

Re: Oil Tank Cap

Post by jsjays1 »

Hey Glyn,

I know this is an old post at this point, but I was reading through the Suzuki Service Bulletins looking for other information and may have saw the information you were looking for. Take a look at No. 13 of the General Bulletins and you'll see a diagram for seal installation on the oil tank caps. Looks to me like it goes cap-->plastic disc-->rubber seal-->plastic domed insert.

http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/techb ... 010-18.pdf

I've never had one of these apart so I can't be 100% sure if this is the right way, but I hope it helps you or someone else searching for this info.

Regards,

Jim
rodent
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '73 GT750

Re: Oil Tank Cap

Post by rodent »

A new cap I bought never had a hole in it.