71 ts125 registration question

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

taff61
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: gt750,ts125j

71 ts125 registration question

Post by taff61 »

hi,
not really sure where i should post this so my apologies in advance if its in the wrong section.
i have been restoring (i use the phrase loosely lol) my 1971 suzuki ts125j duster.
the bike has been stood for many years (its been in my garage for more than 10yrs & had been stood for many years prior to that) but i have done a fair bit on it,in stages,so it looks quite nice and runs excellent.
my next problem is that the registration number (or part of it) has been lost & i have no v5.
i do know the first line of the original reg number as the top part of the number plate was on the bike,the frame/engine numbers all intact & there is a metal vin plate on the headstock that states year & month of manufacture,november 1971.(im assuming that with the vin plate being there i wouldnt need to obtain a dating cert,if it came to re-registering??)
so,my question is,what are my options,if any,regarding tracing my original reg number without going through dvla?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Re: 71 ts125 registration question

Post by dollydog »

hi taff, i've sent you a pm with details.
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.