Archived Posts

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

suzuki TS 50x 1998

Post by Admin »

A friend of mine is trying to get the above bike back on the road for his wife to ride, but the engine is very worn. As he's having no luck finding a good top end, his question was this, will a 125 cc top end fit the 50 cc bottom end, he's been told it will, if not will the 125 engine fit the frame?????
:!:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Arne wrote:
Ogri wrote:
Now, all I need is my engine.....

I spoke to Eric the other day ~ my understanding was that my cylinders are in the machine shop, so I imagine yours are there too....

I'm pretty excited to get them back and see what they look like.
Hey Arne,
Have you heard anything from Eric as of late? I have called and left messages the last two weeks, but he has yet to respond. I'm really anxious to put the engine in now that the bike is painted.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

The carbs on the GT380 and GT550 L model and newer look to be virtually the same. They all have vacuum ports on them.

For vacuum gauge balancing they are fitted with three M5 pan hd screws:-
Right carb is set at 45deg up on the outside
Centre carb is on the cast mounting bracket, where the fuel tap hose loops up (the screw is on the left side of this pillar).
Left carb is straight out of the left side.

Once the engine is warm and you've pushed the choke down to close it, the centre and right carbs are not connected (the choke valve blocks off the end of link-tube)

The only other adjustment is to set the oil pump against the right carb. With the engine stopped, take the 10mm hex hd screw out of the right side and pull the throttle open until the dimple is at the top of the hole. Now adjust the oil pump cable so that the lines on the lever and the body are aligned.

Good luck

Joe
Admin
Supreme UFOB

New to the forum - TomCat, where are you?

Post by Admin »

Hello All - I have four '76 Buffaloes in various states of repair. The one I am riding currently is about finished, but there is one hybrid that I'm working on (Buffalo w/Kawi 550 Zephyr front/rear end) that is just begging for a set of chambers. Does anyone have any contact info for TomCat Loftis? I have sent numerous emails but have got no reply. I was thinking about Jemcos but I don't think they will be as good performance wise. Thanks in advance!

Emit
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Emit , Tom isnt making chambers any more.. Dave
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Emit,

Jeff G from this board and the Kawasaki board:

http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/phpBB2/index.php

bought the pipe making business from Tom. You should be able to send him an email from either board. He's typically on the Kawi board more than here...

Jim
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

You know, far be it for me to complain being such a newb and all...but I wish I wouldn't have wasted so much time trying to get a hold of Tom...all it would take is a simple update to a couple of websites...maybe I'll just get the Jemco's after all...

Thanks for the help, guys.

Emit
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

There are some fancy sets of chambers out there to be had but the Jemcos work well for stock to even slightly modded GT's and are a fair price for the basic unfinished sets ... Dave
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

This site has some sharp looking chamber sets at a sharp price http://www.knalnaarpotz.nl/ look in the 3rd section down for the GT's
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Just got a hold of Jeff G, he said that he's in the middle of dimensioning a set for the buff's, $675 + shipping unfinished. Now I'm gonna wait. :grin:

Emit
Admin
Supreme UFOB

noob! what are the hot ignition coils preffered for the T500

Post by Admin »

working fervantly to come up with a simplified wiring diagram to eliminate the 4 miles of factory wiring with chalky insulation thats begun to crack and split everywhere...

wont last a whole riding season for sure , without some intervention on my part!

(but in defence of my little zooky i have here - the riding season last from january through to .. well pretty much , january here in Daytona beach!)

what would be the preffered performance coils for the T500 Titans?

i know stock spark on my beloved sohc cb750 is around 14k volts - which jumps to 40k volts (+) with a set of dyna coils

would like to know what coils are available for the T500, to bump up my spark voltage and eliminate 30 yr old ignition coils that could put me on the side of the road - just from being so danged old!!!

also, my bike has factory regulator and rectiifer units.. and again , on our cb750's we eliminate the two units for a one peice charging system..

this also eliminates another 40 yr old componant thats bound to fail sooner rather than later - and will clean the bike up a bit , reqquirng less wiring and being much easier to hide than two seperate units..

thanks in advance for your help fellas, have found this place to be amazing source of information, with a great bunch of blokes on here for sure! hope to fit in around here one day and be ble to help out with some answers of my own! im taking note here guys, keep em coming!

DFB
Admin
Supreme UFOB

GT750 exhaust and jets

Post by Admin »

My 73 GT has the newer 75 and up style exhaust without the cross overs, should I change the carb jetting for this ? are the newer CV's that are on the newer gt's all jetted the same or is the center carb diffrent on them like the VMs I have now?

just kinda curiuos I dont want to have an issue one I finaly get her runnin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

GT750s always had the center main one size smaller than the outers. That is the case for VM32s as well as BS40 CV types.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Hi DFB in Daytona , i am in Jacksonville . here is a site with good items to tidy up your switches and stuff http://www.mikesxs.net/mikesxs-electric ... ory_id=2.5 and this site can sell ya most any connector to hook up on your bikes electrical http://www.vintageconnections.com/ and this guy just may be able to provide the regulator your looking for http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/index.html .. Dave
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I kinda figured , but I had read somewhere if you change to the newer pipes on the older gt that the jets needed to be made all the same . I guess that was because of no cross over pipes for the center exhaust.