T500 Wiring Loom Route

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Syd
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 72 T500J, 72 Kaw H1-B, 71 CB750 K1, 67 A7SS

T500 Wiring Loom Route

Post by Syd »

I would appreciate some help with the following - I have a new wiring loom for my bike as part of my restoration. The old wiring loom it would seem was not fitted correctly when the bike was done up some 18 years ago. Does anyone have a couple of photos that shows the correct route for the wiring loom on the frame of a 72 T500?
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: T500 Wiring Loom Route

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

I don't have photos handy, but I think they were all the same - the main harness ran down the right side frame rail to where the regulator fitted. It tucked in at the front by the coils, and then passed through the hole in the plate between the front down tubes below the head stock and up into the bucket. The harness from the generator was secured on the inside step of the left side of the upper crankcase, then up behind the battery box to the rectifier. The turn signal relay was mounted on the back of the rectifier mount. The short part harness to the rear combination lamp runs down the right rear upper frame rail and then to the centre of the fender to connect to the plug for the rear combination lamp, and to also connect with the two rear signal light wires. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Syd
To the on ramp

Post by Syd »

Thanks Ian - most helpful..
stevebee
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: t500 kawasaki z900 harley davidson flsti

Post by stevebee »

Syd
To the on ramp

Post by Syd »

Thanks for the pics - most helpful- cheers..
flyman
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75 T500 Titan

Post by flyman »

Just wanted to say THANKS to Stevebee for the pics on wire routing of a T500 Titan. I know it is an old post; but hopefully he or someone else will see it.
I hope I don't have to ask questions about installing a new rectifier in a T500 (it is a gift for a friend who got me the best job I ever had in my life). It is an exact copy of one he had in early 80's. I'll drop it off at 3.00 am and the title and plates came from Ill. He lives in Maryland,,, he won't know where it came from,,,except for a little hint ! heh-heh
This is a great educational site- I've had & fixed bikes 30+ years=Thanks all Flyman