GEAR BREAKER CAMSHAFT DRIVE ALLUMINIUM ALLOY GT 380

What you have to offer the two-stroke community

Moderators: Suzsmokeyallan, oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK

pierino
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 380 b model 1977

GEAR BREAKER CAMSHAFT DRIVE ALLUMINIUM ALLOY GT 380

Post by pierino »

hello everyone my name is Pietro and I am a retired mechanical engineer.
Passionate about suzuki gt 380 I thought of creating an aluminum gear to solve the notorious problem of breaking the nylon one.
I've been selling this gear for two years around the world and haven't had any negative feedback yet. Of course it is also mounted on my motorcycle. Before making it, I read a lot about why suzuki decided to make it in plastic, but none of the explanations seemed convincing to me. The only one that seems more plausible seems to be to decrease the noise of the mechanics. i think it is more important to have a vehicle that is reliable, rather than one that is a little quieter, but that can leave you in the middle of the road.

Aftermarket 100% New

High class quality and very durable

Good Working Condition and Easy to Install
These parts are made from high impact Alluminium material not nylon. They are made from Alluminium to help the Gear run smoothly and quietly. They do wear more than steel, but cost a lot less to replace. In this instance steel gears would not be a viable material for this application.
So having said all that if this item is worn it really needs to be replaced sooner rather than later before it causes damage to the rest of the assembly!

After a careful study of the materials, silice aluminum was chosen. The reasons are many, and we list some of the most important.
Meanwhile, the weight, in fact, the piece made of al has the same weight as the original nylon. This is because doing it in materials such as bronze or steel, having a considerably higher weight, would have loaded the bearings and spindles of an extra job, risking premature wear or at worst breaking.
Among the various types of aluminum, the choice fell on EN 1676 Grade AB-45000. A type of aluminum that recalls the characteristics of nylon, such as elasticity and hardness of the surface, without however having the defects.

price 86 euros

replace before damage occurs elsewhere in the assembly
international buyers are welcome contact us for shipping quote

Last edited by pierino on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 2 x GT550s GT750B, GS750B

Re: GEAR BREAKER CAMSHAFT DRIVE ALLUMINIUM ALLOY GT 380

Post by Alan H »

It's always nice to talk to people first and introduce yourself before trying to sell to folks.
Hopefully your business will do well, but a bit about your engineering expertise wouldn't come amiss.....
How many of these have you sold for instance and how reliable are they?
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
pierino
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 380 b model 1977

Re: GEAR BREAKER CAMSHAFT DRIVE ALLUMINIUM ALLOY GT 380

Post by pierino »

is about two years that I started the production of these gears, and in this period I have not had any complaints for malfunction. I have sold these gears all over the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.