Another GT750 find

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Gene
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '77(?) GT 750, '73 Titan 500

Another GT750 find

Post by Gene »

I found a GT750 on Craigslist and thought you would enjoy a few pics and the retrieval story.

The Oregon Coast is interesting in many ways and is full of characters from all walks of life. The guy a bought the bike from along with his buddy epitomize how some live on society's fringes.

Had it all been perfect I would have bought an H2, an GS850 and the GT750. The H2 was badly corroded and stuffed in the rafters of an old mechanics garage. Center cylinder still there, probably because it was stuck. It was so bad I passed. Passed on the GS too although it was claimed to be a runner. That coastal climate is pretty harsh.

Then came the GT750 and fortunately it was in a dry connex box. Problem was the box is 6 feet off the ground so getting the bike out of there was a problem. This guy and his buddy are scrappers and the place is full of crap. I'm sure that scrap buys some magical powder and keeps them in herb. In fact one of them was smoking a phattie when I drove up. Crappy shake he said . . .

So I tell them to get the bike out of the connex so we can make a deal. Soon the ramp you see in the picture was fortified. It was a short trip to the bottom with the bike and rider going azz over tea kettle. Oops, sorry about the broken gauge and stuff.

1972 GT750 with chambers. Engine turns over well. Relatively minor rust all things considered.

Eight hours driving, 3 hours watching these clowns get stoned while they got the bike out of the box. I'm pretty sure both of them have been awake ever since.

Long term plan is similar to others around here. Basically stock with pipes. Will take years to complete because of work so posts about it will be infrequent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djfisher22
To the on ramp

Re: Another GT750 find

Post by djfisher22 »

looks like a 73 2me. Nice find though. 8)
2000 ZRX (the green ones are fastest)
72 GT750 (almost done)
73 RV 125
72 RV 90 X 2
Now proudly displaying membership number 91 in the Ugly Fat Old Bastards Motorcycle Club.

http://www.ozebook.com/cpotw/documents/register.html
two-stroke-brit
Novice racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: gt750

Post by two-stroke-brit »

welcome to the board.
good luck and i will wait for the occasoinal progress pic,
cheers mark
She will never be pretty but hoping she will be a fun ride.

1973 SUZUKI GT750K.=SOLD
yamaha speedtwinn 100 barn find =SOLD
1x 1973 kawasaki H1 (restored)
1x 1973 kawasaki H1 (basket case) =SOLD
1982 HONDA CB900F =SOLD
1982 YAMAHA RD350LC.
1985 RZ350N
H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Post by H2RICK »

Welcome to the board, Gene.
Although the pictures are fuzzy, I agree with DJ. It APPEARS to be a 73
K model rather than a 72....going by the tank colour alone. The rest of the pic is too fuzzy to make out other details...... :cry:
I hope your resto goes along smoothly. There's a LOT of Buffalo knowledge on this boar, for sure.
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer