Little Suzi's Makeover

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Kneeslider
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AC50, GS1000G

Little Suzi's Makeover

Post by Kneeslider »

Hi All
Being a long time Suzuki man and a passion for two strokes, I recently bought a little AC50 which has been unloved for far too long, the plan is to bring her back to her former glory with a total frame up restoration.
The idea is to bring her back to factory original, but we shall see, plans always tend to change and I tend to deviate along the road, however most of the bits are there for a stock factory restoration, so I am inclined to go that way, with maybe a few very subtle upgrades and improvements below the skin.
The only parts that seem to be missing are the headlight, the exhaust, front indicators and she needs a piston and new seat cover, so nothing too difficult to source.
However I am on a budget and will be skimming a bit off the grocery money as and when I can, so it will be quite a long drawn out build I am afraid.
Hoping you guys keep me honest.
So without further ado, meet little Suzi.

The picture of Suzi as she was advertised in the smalls.

Back home in the garage

Engine in drum

Just over 10 000km

Long before the days of VIN numbers

Will update as work progresses.
When in doubt, use full throttle, it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspense.

http://classiccyclecabin.wix.com/classiccyclecabin
CBWELLS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Honda-350, SUZUKI GT550 x2, GS850, 92 VMAX,

Re: Little Suzi's Makeover

Post by CBWELLS »

I'm always amazed by the way some "Previous Owners" can trash a nice machine with such low mileage! I've seen many far worse than that one, & some with even lower mileage. It's almost like they go out of their way to find the most abusive actions to intentionally ruin a virtually bullet proof bike. With that kind of mileage, there should be almost nothing in the realm of NORMAL USE that would require the thing to be torn apart. Like the current phrase goes, "Just sayin'...".

You've got a nice looking set of bones to work with & I have little doubt you'll get to the end goal.

Good luck to you.
Kneeslider
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AC50, GS1000G

Re: Little Suzi's Makeover

Post by Kneeslider »

Ya, it really is beyond me, I guess some people are only just getting used to walking on their hind legs.
When in doubt, use full throttle, it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspense.

http://classiccyclecabin.wix.com/classiccyclecabin