Kawasaki KZ250E twin

Other makes and motorcycles of interest.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Ice Suzuki
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1972 Gt380J

Kawasaki KZ250E twin

Post by Ice Suzuki »

Has anyone ever heard of this E type? I have bought last summer one from estate and the son told me that his father has bought it used from Sweden about 5 years ago
where it imported also used long time ago but who,when or from where..?
No motorcycle papers found from estate yet or more detailed information its history in Sweden but i know its register number back then.
Year model? In official registeration papers its 1978 but is it right or guess,i dont know but maybe those are just copied from swedish papers when ex owner registered it here..?
As you see from pictures its different outside than other "normal"A,B or C(single) types from that era 1978-82
Saddle in much longer,only one 2-1 silencer,no stripes in tank but wide black stripe on top of tank ,front fender is painted metal, same colour than other bike and iam sure colour in original as everything
else in bike because the meter has only 14 000 km and bike is very nice survivor "time capsule"from past with only minor scratch here and there.
it has still points like early Z250s and drum brake back like B version but disc front and alloy wheels.
more interesting thing:
Frame number in very low= KZ250E 00000 and 1 number (less than 10).
I asked this from Kawasaki.uk but they didnt know ,never heard of E type so they kindly asked Kawasaki Japan factory more info.
Kawasaki answer: they sold E type mainly to France(when,how many?) in Europe but they have all in computers now and that kind of such more detailed information might be found in the huge (paper) archives somewhere, but frame number is very low,maybe it is exhibition bike or not even final sales model but thats only their guess over 40 years later but they have checked that frame+engine numbers are matching to this bike . Thats all what they told,no model year or production numbers etc info but were impressed it is left in this condition and in Finland where never imported any new Z 250 twins.
What do you think?
I have read that these little KZ 250 twins were popular in UK back then and nearly same KZ305 also?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.