Archived Posts

Suzuki two-stroke bikes and parts, one man's treasure is another man's treasure!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

'78 Honda CB 750 F1

Post by Admin »

Sorry to post this here, but some people are into other bike too! :P
I have the above mentioned bike in my shed that I've had there for about three years. It's all there and does have some extra parts that go with it. Engine is free, sorry no title. I'd just really like to get it out of the shed as I need space for other things. Just email me and make me any reasonable offer .
Email me for some pictures, or better yet just come & get it!
Thanks!!
Steve
Admin
Supreme UFOB

For Sale or wanted: '73 GT550 or 73 gt550 motor

Post by Admin »

I either want to find a motor or just sell the bike. Motor is froze. Email for pics. Make offer.

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear it, but it's been looking bad. If you don't find a suitable engine, part the thing out. You've got some good stuff there, ezpecially the pipes, if they are as clean and solid as they appear. 550 pipes are hard to get in good condition. The baffle plates rot out.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

rngdng wrote:Sorry to hear it, but it's been looking bad. If you don't find a suitable engine, part the thing out. You've got some good stuff there, ezpecially the pipes, if they are as clean and solid as they appear. 550 pipes are hard to get in good condition. The baffle plates rot out.

Lane
I know, but I'd hate to part it out. It's in really good shape. I'd rather just find it a new home. The pipes cleaned up nicely.... should get a new pic.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I'm pretty sure that I have a motor that I can spare. It'll be a 75 or 76 motor, though. Cylinder fins are different to clear rack mount carbs, but it'll work fine. I don't have the Ram Air scoop, though, and the 74-up is different from the 72/73.

It'll take me a week or so before I can do a leakdown test on the motor. If you are interested, shoot me an email and we'll discuss it. Shipping will be an issue, though...these motors are heavy.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

GT380B for sale or trade.....

Post by Admin »

I love this little bike but I look like a giant riding it, I really want another Buffalo to make a hot rod out of. I think I will sell this one to make room and to pay for a 750. The 380 was striped down and the frame painted, motor rebuilt with new 1st over pistons & rings, both outside crank bearings & seals replaced, GS wheels, front fender & slotted front disc, new Suzuki seat, Daytona bend bars. Headlight is a Bosch unit with a replaceable bulb, I put a halogen one in it. Bike runs fine, pulls me around OK but I want another 750 so this one needs a new home. The bike is a B model but has the wrong tail light for the B model but it has the larger styled turn signals and the different style front brake caliper and the brown faced instruments, about 24,000 miles showing, everything works as it should, clear title. I spent a lot of time painting and polishing this one, would make somebody a nice rider.

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

What's your asking price, please?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Hey Barry, just curious, what GS did you get the rear wheel from & what is the diameter? Is it a disc or drum? The reason I ask is I parted out a GS 550 a while back & the front mag was 19 inches & a bolt on to the 380. The rear however was a 17 & a disc brake. What model GS used a 18 inch rear mag with a drum?
Nice looking bike by the way, good luck on your sale. - Ed
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

GS450E starting in 1980. 18" with drum. What I want is a GS550E rear wheel, which is 18" with disk. The 17" I've got is a little short for the good of my pipes!

Hmmm, I just found one! :grin:

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I think Lane's correct, GS450 18" but the rim is narrow, OK on a small bike but not wide enough for a 750 for me. I would like to get $1300- $1400 for it, I will have it at Barber next weekend with a 4-sale sign on it or may ebay it later with reserve of $1200, not gonna give it away. Would trade for a nice running Buffalo of same value, hint hint. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Barry, I have an offer for you. I will trade you straight up for A) a GT750 engine that I KNOW is a good runner. (It's in a bent frame). B) a titled frame, and C) a set of used, nickle-plated Jemco expansion chambers for the GT750, and D) parts support that I can provide from my Big Box'o Suzuki Parts. (You might ask Coyote is this is of any value or not). And finally, E) I will bring the stuff to you in Alabama, and pick up the GT380 there. I WILL EVEN GIVE YOU REFUSAL RIGHTS IF THE MATERIAL DOES NOT MEET YOUR APPROVAL WHEN I ARRIVE.

If you're interested, I will get the stuff out of storage, and photograph it.

MONDAY MORNING: Sorry, Barry, but I must withdraw the offer. Someone else contacted me with another deal for my stuff. Best of luck, though.
Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Gordon, on a different not. Can you give me any insight on the motor I got from you at Mid-Ohio? The 72/73 motor.

Eric
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Not really, Eric. I bought it in the bike that I just put the Jemcos in. It was a silent auction of a charity-donated bike that was given by the owner's widow. I finally got it to run, but when I parked it, I noticed that it was quite a leaker -- both oil and coolant. That's why I said when I offered it for free that it was 'crapped out'.

I found a replacement engine, and that's what's currently on the bike.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Cool. but it was a runner :banana: :banana: . works for me
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I need to do something soon. Need to get the 56 back in the garage before winter.