New news with me

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

chainsaw
On the main road

New news with me

Post by chainsaw »

Well, I am now the proud owner of a 1976 GT 750. Last Saturday I drove from Atlanta to basically Roanoke Va and got it from our fine host of this board eric. I must first thank eric for taking my word that I wanted it and he did some work to it without asking me for money down or anything. Just trusted my word. That is a rarity in this day and age for someone to have blind trust on someones word. To Eric, a big, big thank you!!!!!

So, I left ATL at 7:45am, drove straight there and arrived at about 3:30ish. Got to erics and looked it over. We talked a bit and I had to ride it down the road a bit before loading. So I take off trying to get adjusted to the feel of it, not familiar with the roads or area and had only gone maybe 1/4 mile and a deer ran out in front of me. startled me a bit but when it ran across the road it then turned and parralled me so I was riding right next to it. Kinda cool. I gassed it and it finally turned away from me so I was safe from another dart across the road.

Got back, talked a bit more, he loaned me a haynes repair manual and some soft ties and we loaded it up. I decided to drive back to atl right then. So, I headed out. Got home at about 1:00am sunday morning. LOOOOONG drive !!!!!

Took it to my girlfriends house (she finally agreed to let me store it there to work on it) and rode around a bit more. Took it to her basement and the next evening started pulling it apart to do some major cleaning and work on it over the winter. Made an immediate parts list and have already won my first item off ebay for it.

I will be asking for a lot of help from you long time owners for adjustments, tips, parts and some general advice. I hope to get her looking really nice (not restored or anything like that) and just have it to play with for a while.

You have NO idea how thankful this board came back online!!!!!

Thanks in advance everyone.

I will post some pics in a couple of weeks when I get back from my vacation. I dont have any time right now to post them.

thanks

Chainsaw
Arne
To the on ramp

Post by Arne »

Get those pics up! Congrats on the new bike - I hope it turns out to be a good runner for you.

What's the mileage on it? Are you doing a full overhaul to it?

Good luck! Arne
1954 Harley ST165 basket in the attic
1972 Suzuki GT750 project in the works
1981 Honda CB750-1000 driver
1982 Honda GL500 easy project
muzza
Supreme UFOB

Post by muzza »

Lucky boy..I could do with a GT750 again.
chainsaw
On the main road

Post by chainsaw »

pics maybe ???

Dont believe in God ? Eternity is a long time to be wrong !!!!
Arne
To the on ramp

Post by Arne »

Oooh, nice! What kind of shocks are those?
1954 Harley ST165 basket in the attic
1972 Suzuki GT750 project in the works
1981 Honda CB750-1000 driver
1982 Honda GL500 easy project
chainsaw
On the main road

Post by chainsaw »

thanks arne. I dont know about the shocks. Have not had a chance to research anything yet.

please see my "WANTED" posts if anyone can help me out.

thanks
Ogri
On the main road

Post by Ogri »

Nice ride Chainsaw!

How did you like the roads on the way in to Zooke's place? Zooke has some rockin' roads near the house! I was wishing I was on a bike instead of in the Jeep.
Zook-e
Smokin'

Post by Zook-e »

Ogri wrote:
How did you like the roads on the way in to Zooke's place? Zooke has some rockin' roads near the house! I was wishing I was on a bike instead of in the Jeep.
They are quite fun. I go through two front tires to every rear. The opposite of what I was used to. It would be nice to get a bunch of the board members together next year and ride down the parkway to 221 and on to Gatlinburg and back for some fun.
"If you keep hitting your head against the wall you will eventually put a hole in the wall or your head"

1968 T500 Monoshock, 1972 GT750 Custom, 1973 GT750 Lemans

http://www.sundialmotosports.com
Zook-e
Smokin'

Post by Zook-e »

Oh, and Chainsaw is the third board member to own that bike.
"If you keep hitting your head against the wall you will eventually put a hole in the wall or your head"

chainsaw
On the main road

Post by chainsaw »

LOLOL, I dont even get sloppy seconds. I am relagated to last one in :shock: :shock:

I think she will clean up well.
jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Post by jkevinlilly »

Very nice.

Kevin
Zook-e
Smokin'

Post by Zook-e »

chainsaw wrote:LOLOL, I dont even get sloppy seconds. I am relagated to last one in :shock: :shock:

I think she will clean up well.
Wellllllllllll, actually you are sloppy seconds. Ogri just owned it and I actually got to ride it :shock: :D :D

muzza
Supreme UFOB

Post by muzza »

Nice bike...i would like one as good as that
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

Be glad you didn't find Lick Ridge Road in your travels to Zooke's house. It's a twisty gravel mountain road that the rental car GPS decided was the most direct route between Roanoke and Zooke's house.....

Jim
jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Post by jkevinlilly »

GPS in this part of the world can really lead you astray.

Kevin