At Work On Saturday......

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

At Work On Saturday......

Post by H2RICK »

a guy pulls into the yard on a bike while I'm in the office waiting on customers. My ears say "Suzi stroker!!!" and what passes for my brain says
"It's a twin, though." Turns out it was a younger guy on a gloss black T350R in quite reasonable shape. We yacked for over an hour, going over the bike checking things, showing him how to adjust and lube the chain, etc etc. I took it for a short hop for him because he wanted someone who knew what it was supposed to be like actually ride it and comment. I'd forgotten how weird those rubber mounted bars feel......but it all came back to me in about 15 seconds or so. :D
I told him about this board (down at the time) and also about the Wednesday night get-togethers at Fred's place for all the Suzi stroker folks. I have no doubt you'll see him there tomorrow evening, Fred. He seems like a nice enough guy and he doesn't wear a backwards ball cap or have $10K worth of tats. His attitude is very respectful and he wants to learn to do his own wrenching. Good on him, I say.
Hopefully he'll turn up on here in the near future.
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer
Buffalo-guy
To the on ramp

Post by Buffalo-guy »

I look forward to hearing from him, or better yet, meeting him face to face. Janice remembers the add on Kijiji, that landed him that bike. Thanks for relaying the virtues of our motorcycle flop house. By my best recollection, the garage has been open to this crowd for 15 or more years. Where did the time go. Cheers.
Fred
Suzuki GT 750s
Ducati 750 GTs
2007 Duc 1000 GT (the clone)
2002 V Strom 1000 (lives again)
Suzuki RE5s
CBXs (18 cylinders, 72 valves)
TLRam1
Road race school

Post by TLRam1 »

Fred what do you guys do on the bike get-together, is this held at your shop?

Can you post photos of your shop so we can see it?
Terry

Maybe poker's not your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest~

74 Suzuki GT750 / 74 Suzuki T500 / 75 Suzuki GT380 / 97 & 01 Honda Magna / 03 Kawasaki KX250 / 01 Yamaha WR250F / 03 Yamaha TTR 125L
Buffalo-guy
To the on ramp

Post by Buffalo-guy »

[quote="TLRam1"]Fred what do you guys do on the bike get-together, is this held at your shop?

Terry.
We call ourselves "The Loyal order of Water Buffalo's" I can't believe I haven't seen more use of that line outside the Flintstones. It is a weekly get together, no formality, no dues, no club status, just an excuse to shoot the breeze, and tinker with old bikes, or new ones for that matter. It's a great networking tool around here, because the sheer number of different people who have passed through these doors over the years, is quite large. Our annual garage Christmas get together had no less than 89 people attending.
It was great. It's just an oversize double garage, but it attracts a lot of folks.
I will take some pics at this Wed. meet, and get Janice to post some if I can.
Thanks for the interest. The whole thing started many years ago, when my friend who used to own my '72 Duc, and I needed an excuse to get re-aquainted. Him playing with his Duc, and me with a 72 Buffalo. Bikes are a hell of a magnet for drawing people together. Three members on this board are regular visitors. Hopefully more in the future. Cheers.
Fred
Suzuki GT 750s
Ducati 750 GTs
Suzuki RE5s
Chel_in_IL
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GR650, DR650, GT750 (current)

Post by Chel_in_IL »

Hmm.... only 1,507 miles to Calgary. Hahah...
Michelle
Current:
2006 BMW R1200RT, 1985 BMW K100
Gone:
1976 Suzuki GT750, 1967 Honda Benly, 2009 Kawasaki Versys, 2001 Kawasaki KLR650, 2001 Honda ST1100, 1995 Honda Magna, Suzuki GR650, Suzuki DR650, ...

MSF Instructor for Northern IL University
Buffalo-guy
To the on ramp

Post by Buffalo-guy »

Chel_in_IL wrote:Hmm.... only 1,507 miles to Calgary. Hahah...
Michelle.
The doors are always open. Hell, 1500 mi is just a walk in the park for the Iron Butt people. Couple of hours ought to do it. Cheers.
Fred (Grand Poobah of the Loyal Order of Water Buffalos)
Suzuki GT 750s
Ducati 750 GTs
Suzuki RE5s
TLRam1
Road race school

Post by TLRam1 »

That would be great to do that Fred and if I ever make it up that way I'll have to stop by.
Terry

Maybe poker's not your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest~

74 Suzuki GT750 / 74 Suzuki T500 / 75 Suzuki GT380 / 97 & 01 Honda Magna / 03 Kawasaki KX250 / 01 Yamaha WR250F / 03 Yamaha TTR 125L
h2okettle
On the main road

Post by h2okettle »

Its only 4K miles from my house in Florida (lots of detours, and on the scenic route).. I made it to see H2Rick, but unfortunately did get over to Freds house.. :( I just got home again from another 4967 mile ride. I went camping to the Grand Canyon and went back up Pikes Peak again.. Thats the third time since June.. But, I did ride my Triumph Bonneville as the guy I rode with asked me not to take the GT cuz it is an old bike.. :shock: Guess what we stopped three times for him to work on his Harley !! :D

Allen..... Sitting in the smoking section !!
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

I guess HE should have ridden a reliable bike....... :? :?

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Post by H2RICK »

I did ride my Triumph Bonneville as the guy I rode with asked me not to take the GT cuz it is an old bike.. Shocked Guess what we stopped three times for him to work on his Harley !!
Now THAT'S funny, Allen !!! I'm sure you just watched him and made sympathetic noises (Tsk, tsk......Oh, my......etc etc) while he worked on his overpriced chrome plated two-wheeled irrigation pump...... :wink:
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer