Recent hospital visit.....

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Recent hospital visit.....

Post by Alan H »

This started a few weeks ago with a 9 day visit to Gozo (Malta) with a group of mates for a few days scuba diving. Only did 6 days diving as some of the dives were a bit strenuous and 40 metres + depth. Now theses were planned (& done) safely & well, and after all, I've been diving 34 years, 3* instructor and Chairman of our local dive club, so 'quite' experienced.
Average age od the group was 70+, but all very experienced!
Anyway, the day after we flew home from Malta, I flew to the Algarve (Portugal) for a long weekend with SWMBO, her son & his wife + the 3.5 year old mini monster granddaughter. Flew back home after about 72 hours or so. No issues at all. Had some physio for achey back & shoulders (long ago whiplash injuries from a couple of rear ender car accidents), & all ok except for being very tired (as expected!!)
A few days later, the right leg was quite swollen & I ended up in the local hospital with suspected DVT (fortunately not!) & cellulitis for a full week.
Managed to 'escape' yesterday afternoon, & now I have to take 5 tablets, 4 times a day for over a week. And that's a LOT of tablets!
Flucloxacillin (2 @ a time) & Clindamycin (3 @ a time).
Leg measurement 4" below knees are - Left 14" round, Right 15.75" round, so quite a difference. Right leg deffo not happy, but appears to be slowly winning!
So despite some folks best wishes, as Gloria Gaynor sang - I will survive!
(Hopefully a bit longer, anyway!) :)

Good job all my bikes have electric starts anyway!
Legs_281023.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Recent hospital visit.....

Post by Alan H »

And a quick update of meds consumed........
I understand they are different types of antibiotics, all with different side effects.
'About' 28 doses of i.v Flucloxacillin + 16 i.v. doses of Clindamycin (in the first 7 days!)
Now onto tablets.....
In the last 5 weeks, I've had 138 500mg tablets of Flucloxacillin, 132 150mg tabs of Clindamycin, 9 100mg tabs of Doxycycline, 11 x 500mg tabs of Clarithromycin, and another prescription of 24 500mg Flucloxacillin tablets from yesterday for three days.
That's a total of 314 assorted tablets weighing in at 119.2 grammes (or 4.2 ounces!)(plus the i.v. meds).
Oh and some oatmilk cream for me semi crozzled leg skin.
Good job I don't pay for meds innit!!!
Now the only side effects other than dry & cracked skin on the red cellulitis leg, has been the ability to crap through the eye of a needle several times a day and the inability (more like 'I daren't') to fart, due to obvious reasons. Fortunately, the old rule of 'never pass a toilet' has been very carefully kept to and no accidents have happened! The amount of bog roll used has been 'a lot' and sneezing a lot for the last couple of days has caused some near miss moments. Thankfully sneezyitis has now gone!
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.