Folks can be strange

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Folks can be strange

Post by Alan H »

Several people a week register on here but never return. OK, some have dodgy emails or ip addresses from strange places which get banned (see my other thread on that subject!), but others just never bother. I approve new registrations usually 1st thing in the morning while contemplating the world, so to speak, or evenings when I've finished in the garage/garden/somewhere else.
It's done that way to stop spammers.
So a mention to newbies - try 12 hours after you've registered and make your first post a 'hello' with a bit about the general area you live plus biking experience. It never ceases to amaze me when a newby posts a 'want' as a starter - you wouldn't just stop someone in the street and ask without saying hello, so why do it on a forum?
Folks really are strange sometimes.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Folks can be strange

Post by Alan H »

Several folks have registered in the last few weeks, and I send a 'hello and welcome' email to each one from 'admin'.
Most never bother to return for whatever reason, so after 30 days, their accounts will be deleted.
If you register, please at least say hello 'soon', or at least return and look in.
The real world isn't instant, so please give us a chance.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Re: Folks can be strange

Post by joolstacho »

Yes weird innit!
A while back myself and a pommie feller established a Velocette Forum. https://velocette.vbulletin.net/
Unfortunately due to a few people who got agro and wanted to retain their less functional 'email group', it's never really taken off. But the new forum gets several new 'members' every week, who never actually use the forum, you wonder if it's some kind of scam.