Hello from Texas!

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

texranger
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1973 & 1976 GT550

Hello from Texas!

Post by texranger »

Howdy folks and thanks for letting me in!
I've known of this site for many years already but never got around to register and join. I've recently tried to register on and off for about 2 weeks but the darn color question got me every time. Tried all the colors that came to mind (even some wild ones!) without luck. Finally yesterday, while reading another post here, found the answer and I couldn't believe why I didn't think about that one!

I have been riding for 30 years now and have own plenty of bikes. My current "inventory" includes Japanese & Euro bikes and (1) H-D. From 50's Vespas to late model adventure bike.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is because of my (2) GT550s; a Green Lime K and a Targa Red A.

The 73 I've owned it for about 13 years but have only put maybe 3 miles on her. Saw the bike leaning against a dumpster while driving through a neighborhood, turned around and got out to check it out and a old man came to me asking if I liked the bike...my reply: of course!!...well she's yours he told me. He went back his house and returned with the title and a few other documents. He was in the process of moving and couldn't take the bike with him and take care of her. He placed the bike by the dumpster and was waiting for somebody to get her. She had been sitting for a good while and the last thing the owner tried to was to wire some weird batteries (toy type) under the seat because he couldn't find the right size for it.
Brought it home and after a quick diagnostic and rewiring I got her to fire up. Rode it around the neighborhood and parked it. Made a rolling working table for her and placed in the middle of the garage for one day bring her back to life....she's been patiently waiting but I need to start on her soon. Chrome doesn't like to sit unattended.

I acquired the 76 A a couple of weeks ago from a gentleman in Arkansas. She's not red anymore but a flat olive green. She's got a nice history and was told by previous owner that some well know people have worked on her throughout the years.
I'll snap some better pics later on but here are a couple of when I pick her up.

Thanks again! Nic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
texranger
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1973 & 1976 GT550

Re: Hello from Texas!

Post by texranger »

Thank you! I'll definitely remember that color for a long time now...that's for sure!
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Hello from Texas!

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the madhouse.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.