New members/logons please note.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

New members/logons please note.

Post by Alan H »

Moderators now monitor all new applications.
Personally, if I see that the IP address doesn't 'conform', then your application is deleted.
Note that gmail, or other 'approximate' email address or IP addresses that don't come from your details are liable to cause automatic deletion.
Your choice.
Please give more detail to your application for membership, like where you're from, bike model, year, you get the picture.
That's my take on this stuff to keep duds and spammers out.
Don't like it? Please complain to board moderators.
Guess what you'll get........... :roll:
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Scorch
Born to ride
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1975 GT380

Re: New members/logons please note.

Post by Scorch »

And make that first post, that helps the moderators tell a real Suzuki rider from some a-hole spammer.
Suzuki: '18 V-Strom 1000, '75 GT380, '85 Madura 1200
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Post by Evans Ward »

I’ve axed a couple the last couple of mornings. Alan said we have it covered on both sides of the pond! Spammers suck! :twisted:
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Post by joolstacho »

Yes, it'd be a good idea to insist on a personal intro from any new 'joiners'.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Last edited by Alan H on Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Last edited by Alan H on Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

There seems to be lots of strange emails, names & ip addresses attempting to join our forum. Please look at the first post in this thread and note that strange or non-conforming names, emails and ip addresses will not be allowed in and will be permanently deleted. Having to do this wastes my time and annoys me intensely, so please be aware.
Eastham
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 185, 1976

Post by Eastham »

Alan H wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:17 am There seems to be lots of strange emails, names & ip addresses attempting to join our forum. Please look at the first post in this thread and note that strange or non-conforming names, emails and ip addresses will not be allowed in and will be permanently deleted. Having to do this wastes my time and annoys me intensely, so please be aware.
Not sure if I fell into this category when I first tried to register, but I never got a validation email, so maybe I did, can’t understand if that was so as there was nothing in the details that was inappropriate as I’ve used the same user name for many forums and my email address is also nothing different.
I have just sent an email to admin to see if my first attempt can be deleted as I want to use my home email address for this account and not my work email, but I can’t change it as it says it’s already being used, which it hasn’t been activated?
1975 Yamaha FS1e(Fizzy)
1976 Suzuki GT 185 a

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonkie93/
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

No, not at all. All new 'members' now need to be approved by a moderator, and strangely, most never bother posting or even return.
Some time ago, we had lots of spammers who registered, got an instant automatic authorisation and then just spammed the forum, so the auto bit was changed.
Certain 'things' flag up warnings and these potential posters are just deleted.
I expect that I/we don't get it all right every time, but it seems to work and keep spammers mostly in check.
I've sent you a pm so that I should be able to sort your account out as you'd like, so please reply to that and we'll see what can be done.
Cheers, Alan
Eastham
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 185, 1976

Post by Eastham »

Hi Alan
Replied
1975 Yamaha FS1e(Fizzy)
1976 Suzuki GT 185 a

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonkie93/
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Looking through memberships, we seem to have several that register, then never return.
I try to sort the registrations out quickly, but for some reason, some folks just never revisit, whether they can't wait or just can't be bothered, I don't know.
Some of these are from the days when registration was automatic, so should have been within a few minutes, but some have 'dodgy' ip addresses and even dodgier emails.
Well, I'm slowly trawling through these and any that are deemed dodgy will be deleted via the ip address, and those who never returned since registering will be deleted but can still visit or reregister if they want to.
This should help the moderators look after the board better with less 'stuff' that isn't relevant.
This will take quite some time, but if you have been on in the last 12 months or so, or have a high post count, you won't see any difference.
To those who registered and never came back - sayonara - if you wish to return, please do!!

Alan - Moderator.