Just a quickie for newbies & spammers.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Just a quickie for newbies & spammers.

Post by Alan H »

Brozon1 or ppw09116@boofx.com from Kansas - the bit near beijing again - and who has a 1998 Suzuki benz - whatever that is.
Another banned ip address. Oh dear, never mind.

It would be nice for some people who register - then never post - to pop back.
Strangely enough most have gmail.com emails, so I might have a clearout of those who never post and not let gmailers in as they just seem to waste my time.
I send a 'Welcome' email to ALL new folks, but I can't tell if they get them, just that they don't ever return. So in future, anyone with a dud bike, dud ip address or crap email will be deleted immediately.
Comments please......
Last edited by Alan H on Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Post by Evans Ward »

Wield the spammer hammer Alan! :clap: I’ve let in those that own a legit Suzuki. 8) :up:
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).
karl pa
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT

Post by karl pa »

I use gmail.com.
I have no idea why there is an issue with gmail registers, but I wonder if it might not be a bit harsh to ban gmail.com people?
I wonder if gmail.com is banned, the next problem would be Yahoo.com
76 GT185
77 GT250
77 GT380
76 GT500
73 GT550
73 GT750
74 GT750
71 T250 scrambler
75 T500 cafe
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Here's another this morning - meetaddsay , email lp37vrzabjae@protonmail.com - another one from the USA - the bit in hong kong. So, dud email, dud name, insufficient details, hong kong ip address, silly bike details. Not really much going for him, so he's gone for ever - banned ip address.
My comment on the gmails were a bit tongue in cheek as lots of people have them - usually from a mobile phone - but after registering (for approval by moderators) most never return, not even to check in, much less to say hello.
I usually get on here a couple of times a day - morning & evening UK time, so that's when I see and approve (or not!) new registrees. Evans gets on at different times as is convenient to him. I think the main problem is that everyone wants or expects everything to happen instantly but on a world wide forum, it doesn't. In the past there were regular spamming and offensive posts, mainly from the chinese/philippines neck of the woods, so I changed the registration system to 'admin approval' and spamming now seems to be under control, but there's not many of us and we use our FREE time to do this. I won't ban anyone who posts from having a gmail addy - I have one and google insisted that I needed one when I got my android phone many years ago - and never used it after being spammed by google! But there's lots who never return - dunno why not unless it's the instant thing - so when or if the need arises, I'll thin out the 'never returners' after, say three months, and post details here.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

nwp45486 from London - the bit near beijing....
There have been others recently, but too many to list.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

webthelog or bne51288@boofx.com who thinks beijing is in the US. Nope!
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

petencies@protonmail.com who thinks hong kong is in the US....... :wth:
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

qin06794 or qin06794@zwoho.com who thinks London is in china.
I immediately ban all chinese applications as most of the spam seems to come from there, any dodgy names, emails or 'other things' that aren't right cause immediate permanent ban.
I'm thinking of banning anyone who can't be arsed to say hello on their first post. :twisted:
So many nowadays don't seem to have heard of politeness.....
Gawd, the grumpy pills have really kicked in this morning.

opaylise8@protonmail.com gone today. Thinks hongkong is somewhere else. :roll:
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Tyanchou666 or mmp88981@cuoly.com who thinks beijing is in the US. Nope!!!
I could be wrong but Tyanchou666 doesn't sound very American.....the little devil. :wth:
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

thehotcontent with another zwoho email address.
Thinks beijing is a suburb of Miami - or t'other way round maybe.... :roll:
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

topsmartservice or gsm49667@cuoly.com from china who doesn't know where they are or what bike they have. Bye.....
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

compron3@protonmail.com who has a Suzuki fewfew and lives in beijing..... :roll:
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

opwellwritet , email pyo95546@boofx.com and topreview on ebm75324@boofx.com from hong kong and both think it's in the US. Oh dear.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

carolovemm on xvhdtk81524@chacuo.net and carolovemm2 on carolovemm@yopmai.com with a goushi 1986 Suzuki in hong kong. Hmmmm...... :wth: can't even spell 'yopmail' either.
I don't think so - hk isn't in the US unless someone's shifted it.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

xwx49522 at xwx49522@qopow.com from japan who can't even be bothered to apply to join properly. :wth:

And today, Vanserlam7583 at dsj91620@zwoho.com who's another that thinks beijing is in the US.

It's obvious that certain emails are duff, but anyone with a chinese ip address who tells lies about their whereabouts just gets banned automatically. I check EVERY application, so another message for the duds - save me some time, and don't bother even trying.