Are Yorkshire folks tight fisted??

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

jaybe64
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1976 GT550

Are Yorkshire folks tight fisted??

Post by jaybe64 »

Well I am building a 76 550 GT :lol: . I bought it in bits and when I say bits I mean everything is in boxes even spokes removed :?: . Well as I live on my own my front room is packed with it all engine stripped plus spare engine is also in bits but parts all in same box /bags . Anyway back to subject well I needed to suss out which barrels I need so did Google search and found this group so joined , I started a thread "newbie" asking about engines which I made a few friends on it one being Alan H another Baz there is another couple well Alan contacted me with his number . I phoned number and a bloody northerner :lol: :lol: answered and turned out we both enjoy our engine building , well when he told me he had a set of barrels (3) I thought oh crap this is gonna cost me but to my surprise he said price well I accepted straight away as price they are a bargain especially as I had been looking on eBay at prices . So if you need parts for your GT give Alan H a message you'll be very happy . He cleaned blasted barrels and there like brand new and bores perfect so I thank you Alan . I would also like to say thank you to Baz and let you know I am saving up for crank and again a bargain . So moral of this story is not all Yorkshire's folk arnt tight just some of them :lol: :lol:
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: Are Yorkshire folks tight fisted??

Post by Alan H »

You are obviously a fine chap and an excellent judge of character. :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
jaybe64
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1976 GT550

Re: Are Yorkshire folks tight fisted??

Post by jaybe64 »

That's alright I was surprised at what a bargain . I am sure once I get bits in some sort of order I can go through what bits I may need and ask you first . Be good when we get to meet up at a bike rally .