Hello from Pennsylvania, USA!

Photos that don't really fit in the above catagories.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

jsjays1
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1969 T350

Hello from Pennsylvania, USA!

Post by jsjays1 »

Hello Everyone,

I've spent a decent amount of time on the forum finding information and learning, but I never introduced myself... So, long overdue I'm finally getting around to it.

For the past two years or so I've had this 1969 Suzuki T350 as my project:

This was/is my first motorcycle, though I've been fascinated by the machines for years growing up. That naive enthusiasm got the best of me as I might have overlooked a few obvious issues the bike had when I got it from the previous owner, especially since I couldn't test ride it at the time... It was very much slapped together to sell, so it had a fair few problems to sort out for a complete novice like me (rebuild oil pump, wrong key switch installed, busted/bent parts installed in the carbs, etc.). But with your guys' help through reading old posts, as well as some work on my part I have it running and riding well now.

The past couple of months have been getting my learner's permit, as well as purchasing riding gear, but now that I'm puttering around my neighborhood on this thing I'm having a blast! Still gaining confidence to take longer rides, but that will hopefully come with practice and time :)

Anyway, thanks for all the help to you guys who contribute to the forum. I'll keep checking in from time to time to look at the new posts to see if there's anything I can help with myself, but so far my particular experience hasn't come in handy.

Best Regards,

- Jim
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania, USA!

Post by jabcb »

Welcome to the forum.

Pennsylvania offers motorcycle training courses. Definitely worth your time.
https://www.learntoridepa.com

Nice T350! :up:
Your front brake & clutch levers will work better if you rotate the controls to a position similar to where I have mine in this pic:
ImageT350-1971_0696 by jabcb, on Flickr
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
jsjays1
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1969 T350

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania, USA!

Post by jsjays1 »

Hey jabcb,

Thanks for the advice - I was aware of the safety course, but I was a little late to try and sign up this spring. They're booked up in my area through July, but hopefully there will be a free slot in late summer.

And agreed on the controls :) I found out that I may not have had the right idea when I couldn't adjust my mirrors to see higher than the pavement beside me...