What decals are right for my GT380?

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

What decals are right for my GT380?

Post by sportston »

Could anyone tell me what type of decals are correct for a metallic blue GT380M (or A) and where they should all go?
I am curious as to whether the side panels should have "Suzuki Motor Co Ltd" in white or black, for example.
Also where should all the warning stickers be sited?
Thank you in advance for any insight you may have to offer.
Tom
Craig380
Expert racer

Re: What decals are right for my GT380?

Post by Craig380 »

Here's an M model in Candy Gypsy Red:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Galler ... 20%202.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There aren't many factory pictures of the left hand sides of the bikes unfortunately, but from what I can see, the "Suzuki Motor Co Ltd" is in white text on ALL colours of side panel, and of course the CCI sticker on the right side panel too.

Chain warning sticker on the top shroud of the left-hand rear shock. Crap disc brake warning on right fork leg :)
1976 GT380 - wounded by me, and sold on
2006 SV650S - killed by a patch of diesel and a kerb in Feb 2019
2017 SV650 AL7 - naked and unashamed
dorT500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '75 T500M since '93 Ridden it over 100,000 mi

Post by dorT500 »

I'm guessing you have or going to buy one of those label/decal sets sold on ebay, Z1 Enterprises, Diablo Reproduction Decals and others?

Yes, same part number on the Suzuki Co. decal ....all of them are white and used on other models also including T500. Do you need a source for them? There are a few. I got mine from CMSNL but because of CMSNL's shipping cost, it would not be worth it unless you were ordering a lot of other parts at the same time as I did.

The same CCI decal is used on various models. The CCI decals available from Suzuki now have just a very slight difference. Here is an original one, letters slightly bolder. Image

Some of the locations mentioned here are a little vague but between the pictures I posted and further help from members, hopefully you will get it sorted out. Good Luck

https://www.z1enterprises.com/motorcycl ... ecals.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

I'm just guessing the one under the seat is a battery warning label?

ImageImage

[url=https://imgur.com/wtlH1RV]Image

sportston
Expert racer

Post by sportston »

That is very helpful. Thank you all for your replies.
Yes I plan to get a set from ebay. But I had noticed some had black lettering and some had white. I will go with the white lettering.
Does anyone know where the tyre pressure sticker goes?
dorT500
To the on ramp

Post by dorT500 »

sportston wrote: Yes I plan to get a set from ebay. But I had noticed some had black lettering and some had white......
Well, I can see why you thought there may have been a black version if you saw this ebay listing....

Surely those black version 'Suzuki Co' decals there are just his display version :?: I hope so. The lettering on the actual decal on its' white backing is a bit hard to see, especially in a picture sometimes.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Suzuki-GT750-GT ... SwoAxZsB1T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In Suzuki America's parts fiches, there is only one part number for that decal, if it came in a different color, obviously the part number would be different.

EDIT: Then there is the chance that all warning labels on this bike may have not been installed in all markets.
dorT500
To the on ramp

Post by dorT500 »

sportston wrote:.........Does anyone know where the tyre pressure sticker goes?
I think you can pretty much use these locations of GT750 labels as a guide also.....they seem to be following somewhat the same pattern as your GT380.

https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/GT750_ ... e/page-A61" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sportston
Expert racer

Post by sportston »

That is very precise and useful. Thank you so much. Now I should be able to get them fitted properly.
dorT500
To the on ramp

Post by dorT500 »

sportston wrote:That is very precise and useful. Thank you so much. Now I should be able to get them fitted properly.
and Thanks to Ian. :up:
sportston
Expert racer

Post by sportston »

Yes, Cheers Ian! :up:
sportston
Expert racer

Post by sportston »

so after over a year of waiting. i finally started fitting the decals today. The CCI decal is too small, but will suffice as I am not going for concours standard. They are bugger to peel off from the backing without damaging them. Never done this before. In hindsight I'd recommend using a scalpel blade to lift the edges. Still have a few coats of lacquer to go on but the bodywork is starting to take shape. Pictures will follow later.