Membership Fee

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Micron
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 250 1975

Membership Fee

Post by Micron »

Does the forum have a paid members section, or some form of means of paying for full membership ( as long as it's not loads of money :lol: :lol: )

I have already had some great help from the members on here, and feel that I would like to repay the club for that?
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Re: Membership Fee

Post by Zunspec4 »

Hi Micron,

Most just make a generous sponsorship contribution to the Zunspec Seeley T500 Classic Race Team. It would be most appropriate as they need a new set of tyres for the CRMC Brands meeting in October :D :D :D .

On a serious note I have no clue as to who funds this great Forum. It would be nice if we (collectively) could aid in the running costs.

Cheers Geoff
Micron
On the street

Post by Micron »

Zunspec4 wrote:Hi Micron,

Most just make a generous sponsorship contribution to the Zunspec Seeley T500 Classic Race Team. It would be most appropriate as they need a new set of tyres for the CRMC Brands meeting in October :D :D :D .

On a serious note I have no clue as to who funds this great Forum. It would be nice if we (collectively) could aid in the running costs.

Cheers Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I feel that my own foundation fund is suffering like your race team fund, lol

I run a car forum myself, so know it's not a cheap pastime, but we do have an optional full membership

Thanks

Trev
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

Hey Micron,

I believe the membership fee has always been to pay it forward. The more of these great old bikes that stay on the road the better!

This board started as loose email mailing list of T500 enthusiasts. At the center was Eric "Zook-e" Kalamaja who was racing T500s at the time. The Sundial name came from someone teasing him that he was so slow on track they would need to time him with a sundial instead of a stopwatch. The email list became larger and larger until he finally figured out how to start a message board along with opening up Sundial Motosports offering tuning services. There have been three or four previous versions of this board changing to a new one from being hacked or in the case of the last previous version, the hosting company closing their doors and disappearing with all the back-up files and content sometime in 2008. Eric became less involved with racing and this board as his interests changed and is now into restoring WWII era jeeps.

User Scorch was providing hosting for this current version but no idea if that is still the case. Zook-e, Scorch, and Suzsmokeyallan have admin rights so I guess they are the folks in charge. There are a few of us with moderator powers so we can delete spammer posts. And that's about it for organization here.

Jim
Micron
On the street

Post by Micron »

diamondj wrote:Hey Micron,

I believe the membership fee has always been to pay it forward. The more of these great old bikes that stay on the road the better!

This board started as loose email mailing list of T500 enthusiasts. At the center was Eric "Zook-e" Kalamaja who was racing T500s at the time. The Sundial name came from someone teasing him that he was so slow on track they would need to time him with a sundial instead of a stopwatch. The email list became larger and larger until he finally figured out how to start a message board along with opening up Sundial Motosports offering tuning services. There have been three or four previous versions of this board changing to a new one from being hacked or in the case of the last previous version, the hosting company closing their doors and disappearing with all the back-up files and content sometime in 2008. Eric became less involved with racing and this board as his interests changed and is now into restoring WWII era jeeps.

User Scorch was providing hosting for this current version but no idea if that is still the case. Zook-e, Scorch, and Suzsmokeyallan have admin rights so I guess they are the folks in charge. There are a few of us with moderator powers so we can delete spammer posts. And that's about it for organization here.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply, and the brief history lesson :up: :lol:
It is very unusual to find a free forum with so much information on it, and I thank you all for it 8)

Trev