Flooding RT cylinder

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

ZEP421
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 250. GT380, Gt 550

Flooding RT cylinder

Post by ZEP421 »

73 GT250 Rt side floods upon start up, has been running good. Carbs have been cleaned and all passages are clear, needle valve does not leak, pilot jet, main jet clear..spark seems equal on both sides, 150 compression both cylinders. Is there anything else that would create this issue other than carburetion? Best Wishes Tim
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: Flooding RT cylinder

Post by rngdng »

Choke plunger not closing might cause that.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
akendall1966
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500_MKIII

Post by akendall1966 »

Had a similar issue, which I believe was due making my own float bowel gasket out of thicker than OEM material. I think this caused the arc of the float travel to touch the side of the float bowel and stop it closing fully. Hard to prove definitively and could be the act of taking it apart again cured something else and going back to stock gaskets was a coincidence.
Goldnrust
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500 RGV250

Post by Goldnrust »

I've just been chasing a similar issue with my T500, turned out one of the floats had a crack in it and had partially filled with petrol. So might be worth making sure both your floats float properly :)
ZEP421
Still in the Driveway

Post by ZEP421 »

I'm going to check float level. Anyone know what the measurement should be. Not sure of the exact model ( letter, number combo) On a Mikuni VM34 it's 22-24 MM. Also would a weak spark cause fuel not to ignite? Seem to have equal spark on both sides. Best Wishes
Last edited by ZEP421 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZEP421
Still in the Driveway

Post by ZEP421 »

Goldnrust wrote:I've just been chasing a similar issue with my T500, turned out one of the floats had a crack in it and had partially filled with petrol. So might be worth making sure both your floats float properly :)