1974 GT750L Warning Labels

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

GTandcbr
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt 550j

Re: 1974 GT750L Warning Labels

Post by GTandcbr »

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/GT750_f ... e/page-A61" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here you go
Good old OJB
98 carb Blackbird and GT550j
GTandcbr
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt 550j

Post by GTandcbr »

Again OJB look here https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com//GT750 ... de/page-82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brake fluid reservoir with label?
98 carb Blackbird and GT550j
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

On the fuel tank, Oldjapanesebikes covers all the decal locations at his site.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

The problem is, after 40 years its hard to write everything in stone with no firm original documented evidence. If your research shows one common theme, you can only base your findings on that until more evidence becomes available.
Ian has been as thorough as possible with his own research, and with help from many oficionados of the GTs, myself included.
Even I though I'd covered a lot and had it down as a firm point on many items, only to keep coming across something (new) to have my confirmations changed.
For example the most recent finding for me is the label on the alternator cover, I'd never seen a decal on one, all I've seen are an aluminum plate kept on with two little brass pins.
Now I've come across a decal type, that throws out the previous concept that all had the little plates.
Back to your question, there does not seem to be any evidence showing the brake fluid label on 74 or earlier fuel tanks, but there was one specific type that was fitted to the top of the front master cylinder cap on the 74s.
73s did not carry it as the cap is different and 72s had drums, however there are what we refer to as transition bikes.
These are bikes that fall into two categories, ones getting items added in the factory before they should, as the previous model stock ran out, or the ones having old stock thats still on the assembly line getting put on to use it up, on a later model.
I have two of those "left overs" bikes so it was a common practise if I was able to get two of them.
Does your 74 model have such a round label on the master cylinder cap? Its not like the black and silver ones found on the 75 to 77 models.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

I wouldn't know where warning labels go. That's the very first thing I removed from every bike I owned!!! :roll: :roll:

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

I really do despair of those who are so anal that they need to 'comply' with worthless crap like this.
Just get on the bike and ride it. That's what they were designed for.
Intercourse the stupid labels that were mis-spelled in any case.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
karl pa
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT

Post by karl pa »

Alan H wrote:I really do despair of those who are so anal that they need to 'comply' with worthless crap like this.
Why condemn someone for wanting to restore a bike to high standards. You and I repair our bikes to look and ride nice, but we know there are things not from showroom standards. I show my bikes where some have no fuel and are never started, they are pushed to the show line, and back to the trailer again, that is not my thing but I do appreciate seeing them.
76 GT185
77 GT250
77 GT380
76 GT500
73 GT550
73 GT750
74 GT750
71 T250 scrambler
75 T500 cafe
Warehouse1001

Post by Warehouse1001 »

Alan H wrote:I really do despair of those who are so anal that they need to 'comply' with worthless crap like this.
Wow...Really? Don't fret Neville as many, if not most, folks on this site totally understand and respect your desire to restore your bike....as you choose. A few, like this buffoon, should learn some basic manners. Ignore him and carry on! Lot's of great folks willing to help you out.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

What I said still goes. Get on with the important stuff like building and riding.
Bikes that aren't complete at shows, should be judged as such and not even judged if they don't start, run and everything work as it should. Might as well just look at a picture in a catalogue.
Anyone can do pretty, most of the rest of us on here can do practical.
I think it's your manners that need the attention, not mine. :roll:
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Warehouse1001

Post by Warehouse1001 »

Well, having just shared this thread with several of my vintage riding buddies they all were in disbelief someone new to this forum would be treated so poorly by someone with 1700+ posts. But, the nicest of these gentleman said, "hey, maybe that guy was just having a bad day...if he's a decent guy he'll realize he was way out of line and apologize to the new guy." I guess the operative word was "if."
karl pa
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT

Post by karl pa »

Alan ,you misunderstand when I said they are pushed to and from the show line, they are 100% complete restored to high standard bikes, not parts bikes.
When I show my bikes, I do it for the enjoyment of showing, not to win anything, in fact most of the shows are not judged.
I get much enjoyment from seeing high standard bikes, even if I don't do them myself. So let everyone do what they want and not to your standards.
76 GT185
77 GT250
77 GT380
76 GT500
73 GT550
73 GT750
74 GT750
71 T250 scrambler
75 T500 cafe
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Neville wrote:
Warehouse1001 wrote:Well, having just shared this thread with several of my vintage riding buddies they all were in disbelief someone new to this forum would be treated so poorly by someone with 1700+ posts. But, the nicest of these gentleman said, "hey, maybe that guy was just having a bad day...if he's a decent guy he'll realize he was way out of line and apologize to the new guy." I guess the operative word was "if."
Yea I doubt very much that he is a decent guy so it's a very BIG if and I just put him in the dickhead basket and was going to ignore him
Good. Help will always be available elsewhere.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

karl pa wrote:Alan ,you misunderstand when I said they are pushed to and from the show line, they are 100% complete restored to high standard bikes, not parts bikes.
When I show my bikes, I do it for the enjoyment of showing, not to win anything, in fact most of the shows are not judged.
I get much enjoyment from seeing high standard bikes, even if I don't do them myself. So let everyone do what they want and not to your standards.
Each to their own Karl. Nice to look at sure, but the show ponies that aren't complete - yes, I've seen them too - aren't worth the 'effort' of looking at them. They are made to be ridden, enjoyed and maybe frighten yourself a little occasionally. It really annoys me when people look at bikes and then moan about a wrong bolt/bulb/decal/whatever when they don't have anything of their own. You show yours and I wish you well, put please, get out there and ride it, the other traffic is crap we know, but that's what it's really about.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Given this is the restoration section of the board (so restoration related questions are kind of expected right ? :D ) - the 1974 model was a transition year and while it did have the brake warning label on the reservoir cap at least initially, I have yet to find proof they later had the standard foil label on the tank. One would think it would be the same as the M, and I have managed to locate one period photo of an M clearly showing the label in the same location as on the A and the B. Hope that helps ! 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Neville wrote:
Warehouse1001 wrote:Well, having just shared this thread with several of my vintage riding buddies they all were in disbelief someone new to this forum would be treated so poorly by someone with 1700+ posts. But, the nicest of these gentleman said, "hey, maybe that guy was just having a bad day...if he's a decent guy he'll realize he was way out of line and apologize to the new guy." I guess the operative word was "if."
Yea I doubt very much that he is a decent guy so it's a very BIG if and I just put him in the dickhead basket and was going to ignore him
1st post 'I want', then further questions and doubts of what you are told without a please or thankyou.
No intro or anything polite and you then call people names.
Personally, I appreciate politeness and a bit of decorum.
Try it, it doesn't hurt. You may get more help then.
If ignorance is bliss, you must be in ecstasy.
End of subject.