turn signal relay.

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

chance johns
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 71GT750,75GT550,68cobra,69titan,86RM,82GS850

turn signal relay.

Post by chance johns »

gt750j

my signals (winkers,blinkers,indicator lights) will light up with the switch but will not blink.
i replaced the relay with a cheap one from pepboys and now the lights still light up with the switch but my tail light blinks.

the relay has 2 poles. the old one had 2 poles and another black wire coming off of it?
i have the diagram, i couldnt really figure this out. im sure its pretty simple. there is some re wiring that happened that i have been slowly trying to rectify.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: turn signal relay.

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

chance johns wrote: now the lights still light up with the switch but my tail light blinks.
Sounds like something is crossed somewhere for sure - was the wiring in the headlight bucket fairly original, or modified ? 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Orange to the indicator relay is power. Light blue goes to the centre terminal of the indicator switch. Green from indicator switch goes to right indicators, black from indicator switch goes to left indicators. There are two double connectors in the headlamp - one green and one black, the two wires from the indicator bulb in the clocks go to these terminals. The extra black wire was an earth. make sure that the indicator relay is fastened securely to earth. All bulbs must be normal filament type NOT LED.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
chance johns
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 71GT750,75GT550,68cobra,69titan,86RM,82GS850

Post by chance johns »

thank you i got it squared away with some help. its tough trying to fix a butchered harness!
pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Post by pearljam724 »

chance johns wrote:thank you i got it squared away with some help. its tough trying to fix a butchered harness!
You're correct, it is. With very little know how, patience and 50-60 bucks you can remanufacture a new one. I have also learned recently. That no matter, if you snip the ends of the wire to do away with corrosion there. Replace connectors, etc. The wiring, within the sheeth is still oxidized very well. The cooper after all has been exposed to air and moisture for nearly 40 years. For those reasons, replace much of it as possible with new. At the very least, clean the copper and connectors. Apply electric grease.
Image Image