Can't believe there is no " Picture of your GT " thread

Interesting stories of you and a Suzuki you have owned.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Can't believe there is no " Picture of your GT " thread

Post by pearljam724 »

Of all threads, you would think that it would make a lot of sense to have one for everyone to share pics of their GT ? That's a must on any vehicle forum. Guess not, on this one. Lol ! :mrgreen: Let's see everyone's smoker. Post it on this thread.
Image Image
Cliff
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Original owner GT550L

Re: Can't believe their is no " Picture of your GT " thread

Post by Cliff »

Here's one for you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Post by jabcb »

Here's two for you.
GT750s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
diablo
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1976,1975,1973 gt 750

Post by diablo »

:up:
pearljam724
AMA Superbike

Post by pearljam724 »

Cliff wrote:Here's one for you!
Awesome, keep them coming. Now need for showroom condition only pics. Ratty, showroom, if it runs post it. Cliff your Gt is my favorite GT paint scheme. But, for goodness sakes. Clean that exhaust up. Lol ! :clap:
Image Image
Cliff
To the on ramp

Post by Cliff »

Thanks pearljam! I rode just over 1,000 miles from home to take that pic! I'm proud of those pipes! She's only got about 140,000 miles on her in that shot!!
I had to laugh when I saw the No Smoking signs on the doors!!
pearljam724
AMA Superbike

Post by pearljam724 »

Cliff wrote:Thanks pearljam! I rode just over 1,000 miles from home to take that pic! I'm proud of those pipes! She's only got about 140,000 miles on her in that shot!!
I had to laugh when I saw the No Smoking signs on the doors!!
That is funny. With that kind of mileage, I guess you get a free pass. Lol ! Everyone keep the pics coming.
Image Image
Cliff
To the on ramp

Post by Cliff »

pearljam! I just saw the pics of your bike in the thread: I'm Finally A Smoker! Very nice find!! My pipes looked like yours about 37 years ago!! Now I see why you commented on mine!!
More pics can be seen here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1422&hilit=cliff+bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Copy and paste the link. She's a bit cleaner!!
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

The only full view photo I have of my 76 buffalo taken a few years ago. This is a rolling restoration in progress with a lot done already and a lot more still to be done.

Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Cliff
To the on ramp

Re: Can't believe there is no " Picture of your GT " thread

Post by Cliff »

Here's my next project! Note the oil leak under her! The water pump has to come out!!
pearljam724
AMA Superbike

Post by pearljam724 »

Suzsmokeyallan wrote:The only full view photo I have of my 76 buffalo taken a few years ago. This is a rolling restoration in progress with a lot done already and a lot more still to be done.

I'm glad you posted that Allan. What else could possibly need done to that bike, she's a beauty. I bought a heap of crap 76 750 several days ago. That I'm planning pretty much a full restoration on. Anyhow, I decided on an orange metallic of some shade for the paint. I assume that is your bike pic at the top of the home page ? Which confirms my decision. Where did you or where are guys buying your pinstripes for the tanks ? What is the name of that orange ? Keep the pics coming.
Last edited by pearljam724 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
pearljam724
AMA Superbike

Post by pearljam724 »

Cliff wrote:Here's my next project! Note the oil leak under her! The water pump has to come out!!
That heap of crap, has nothing on my heap of crap project. :mrgreen: I meant to take pics of it today, but couldn't find the time after wrenching on it all day. I'll try again tomorrow. It runs, but man does it need a lot of love.
Image Image
Cliff
To the on ramp

Post by Cliff »

http://www.reproductiondecals.com/defau ... .html~main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check the above link!
pearljam724
AMA Superbike

Post by pearljam724 »

Cliff wrote:http://www.reproductiondecals.com/defau ... .html~main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check the above link!
Thank you very much sir. :clap:
Image Image
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Thanks for your comment about the bike, I bought it in the summer of 2007 and up to when that photo was taken a few years ago, a lot had been done to it by then.
As always there's loads more to do and its the details that make or break the look of any bike once you get close to see whats needing attention.
Since that photo was taken a re-chromed rear fender was fitted and a restored tail lamp and harness was also fitted with new backing plate as the one on there was cracked.
Then new indicators were fitted as most of them had road rash or pits on them when I got the bike. Some re-chromed head lamp ears and a re-chromed headlamp bowl with an H4 conversion was also done up front since the old ears on there were bent.
Restored gauges and bracket were also done and some wire harness restoration got sorted out in 2010. I will put in a restored updated harness shortly as well as an updated alternator and ignition switch I restored etc.
I still have the air box to swap out for a restored one as its got surface rust issues, as well as replace the side covers on it as they are dull and scratched from age/ abuse.
The ones on there will be re-chromed since they are not rusty so the old parts get recycled for spares or go onto other Buffalos.
The inner rear fender needs swapping with a restored painted one I have for it and the barrel emblems have just been restored along with side cover badge emblems. I still have the tank badges to restore as those on there are from a GS750.
Then there's the rest of the engine covers that needing polishing and water pump gear to check as well so as you can see the list goes on and on, but its getting down to minor cosmetics now which means its nearing completion.
The tank decals you asked about come from Reproduction Decals and Cliff has sent the link. Their products are not cheap but the quality is first rate so you pay for what you get.
The paint on that bike is not original but its close, the person who owned it before was a painter and he used a BASF paint product which is a base metallic, then a candied pearl for depth then clear coat.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2