Impact driver usage

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

nastyjones
On the street

Re: Impact driver usage

Post by nastyjones »

To re-install screws I put the appropriate size bit in my electric drill, set the torque setting then drive each screw home. That way all the screws are the same setting.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

You can get a torque limited nut runner or get a screwdriver type torque wrench. I use a T handle screwdriver to remove cross head screws.
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by rbond »

Just a side note, on my first bike ('69 Honda S90), I had to split the cases. Clutch cable broke at the handlebar lever, clutch should be engaged right? Bike in any gear would idle away but now move on it's own. Anyway, did not have an impact driver or any other type of screw remover, what to use? Nail center punch and hammer. Yes, at the proper angle on the side of the screw head, a tap with a hammer will break loose screws! Then a regular screw driver will remove screws. Did not find why the clutch would not work, re-assembled engine (first time ever into any gas engine), new clutch cable and voila!! Everything worked like it was supposed to. Got to ride my little S90 again! Traded it in on a Suzuki TS100, haven't looked back, but I would like to have another S90 though......