Crank re-builds

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

wvc
To the on ramp

Re: Crank re-builds

Post by wvc »

I'm getting ready to send a T500 crank to Bill Bune for a rebuild. I have the all the seals and o-rings on order, except for that right side crank seal. I'm in the US, so its not available. Anyone know a UK website I can order the right crank seal from. Or also sounds like they may be available in Australia / New Zealand too.

I see there is an ebay seller selling an aftermarket crank seal kit for $58 but I don't want to gamble on the quality of an ebay item, on something like crank seals.

I tried the cmsnl . com thinking they might have it, since they're in the Netherlands, but same thing, it shows the left and center seals, but no right seal.

Thanks in advance.
76 GT500 - restoration project in work
4 other 76 GT500's
1.5 GT550's
4 GT380's
5 T500's (72-75 models)
4 GT750's

Suzuki GT hoarder...and a bad case of OBD.....(old bike disease)
Roger486
Around the block

Post by Roger486 »

wvc wrote:... Or also sounds like they may be available in Australia / New Zealand too.
Hi,

I am in Auckland, New Zealand and my local Suzuki dealer ordered them from Suzuki Japan for me. They took 1 week to get here and cost US$63.50 for the 4 seals and the o-rings. So on that basis eBay does not sound like a really good solution!
Regards
Roger

"One slowly evolving GT500A"
wvc
To the on ramp

Post by wvc »

I don't know any "local" overseas dealers to know who to go to. Aren't there any UK dealers that sell new Suzuki parts online, like the USA dealers do, such as alpha-sports, ron ayers, etc. And I did read all the above posts, I don't see any reference to any, unless I missed it.

Pedro: I see you edited your post above mine to include your website, thanks. So can I order a new right crank seal from you, and if so, how much with postage to the USA.
Thanks for any help.
Matt
4 other 76 GT500's
1.5 GT550's
4 GT380's
5 T500's (72-75 models)
4 GT750's

5twins
On the street

Post by 5twins »

I think you can get them here .....

http://www.discountbikespares.co.uk/our ... -T500.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wvc
To the on ramp

Post by wvc »

Sweet, thats what I was looking for. Too bad I already ordered one of the ebay aftermarket seal kits for this crank, since I needed it asap, but I think I'll order up one of these so I'll have it for the next crank. Thanks for the help.
4 other 76 GT500's
1.5 GT550's
4 GT380's
5 T500's (72-75 models)
4 GT750's