Anyone running a Bromlech 3-1 on a 750? Centre Stand too?

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

n8balls
On the street

Anyone running a Bromlech 3-1 on a 750? Centre Stand too?

Post by n8balls »

Hi guys

My GT750A came with a few spare pipes and I fitted one which I believe is a Bromlech 3-1 because
a) I've heard good things about them;
b) it's much easier to fit 1 pipe than 3; and
c) because my other pipes look rough and I want the bike looking smart to get it registered in a few weeks

It sounds fantastic and fits well but I had to remove the centre stand to fit it. I'm thinking I could put the centre stand back on with a but of stuffing but it might rest on the pipe when the stand folds up. I'm wondering does anyone else have a Bromlech with the centre stand? Does it work?
cheers, n8
Fritz500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki TS90, TS250, T500 (4), GT750

Re: Anyone running a Bromlech 3-1 on a 750? Centre Stand too

Post by Fritz500 »

Back in the olden days (the 70's) I used to own a GT750 with a Bromlech system. I put it on about a month or so after getting the bike (new). It got rid of the really annoying chain snatch that used to occur at constant throttle at say 60 to 70km/h. It improved fuel economy by about 10% and seemed to have more low down torque. The motor wouldn't rev to redline though - I assume that was a jetting issue. As I didn't need to rev it that hard it was not a problem. I used the bike for commuting mainly and the occasional country trip. I thought it made the motor smoother at 100km/h but my memory might be playing tricks. I did about 65,000km on the pipes. I'd recommend the the system. The packing was useless (exhaust was way too loud) so I replaced it with a fibreglass insulation batt stuffed in tight and it developed a great sound.
73 GT750 Ducati - 20%
72 T500J - 95%
09 Yam XVS950A
81 Yam XV920 - cafe conversion - 90%

“Anyone who believes a perpetual motion machine is impossible has no imagination; anyone who thinks it is possible has no education.” Adam Peenum
n8balls
On the street

Post by n8balls »

cheers Fritz, a great review. Can you remember if you were you running a centre stand?

I just took it for a very carefull spin around the block (25yo tyres see) and it sounded (and went) fantastic. Mind you it's the first time I have ridden a two stroke since 1988 so I'm quite stoked

cheers, n8
smokie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

N8, I dug out an old scan of a Bromlech advert and I cannot see a center stand. It looks like they took it off.

The lugs are still there but no center stand
n8balls
On the street

Post by n8balls »

I know the ad well...
bromlech_31.jpg
This 'atrists rendition' doesn't have a centre stand either...
suzuki-gt750-3into1.jpg
cheers, n8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

That's the one

I found some pics of Bryce Girdler's bike in Brisbane with a Bromlech and he took the stand off too.