T350 cush drive modification

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

SudookyT350
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 2 1970 Suzuki T350’s

T350 cush drive modification

Post by SudookyT350 »

Hey all, been a little over a year since i’ve been on here. I disassembled my T350 last year to give it a detailed cleaning/polish and a few new parts here and there, but life got in the way and it got put on the back shelf. It desperately needed new rubber cush drives and OEM NOS cush drive prices are ridiculous (of course). I am not doing a full restoration, it’s going to be a rider not a show bike; otherwise i would buy the proper OEM part. I may buy some cush drives for another model bike that’s a similar size and modify them to fit, i’ve done it with several dirt bikes in the past. My other option is off my parts T350 but it’s probably no good like all the other rubber parts from sitting outside for 40+ years. Let me know you guys experiences and thoughts about it
“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser with only one sheet of paper.”
x2 1970 Suzuki T350II’s, June flavored and July flavored. 1974 Honda CR125M Elsinore
jsjays1
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1969 T350

Re: T350 cush drive modification

Post by jsjays1 »

Hey - been through the same thing with my T350 and ended up buying a reproduction set of drive rubbers from this company, by way of an eBay seller:

https://www.claussstudios.com/store/p48 ... amper.html

I didn't see anyone selling those on eBay now, but they've held up fine over the past year and ~1000 miles of riding. $50 isn't cheap but it was better than OEM prices, as you said.
jsjays1
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1969 T350

Re: T350 cush drive modification

Post by jsjays1 »

This was the eBay seller if you're interested in reaching out

https://www.ebay.com/str/csmrestorationparts