Wet sumped my T125

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

F5
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T125, RG50, RG250/500 Cheetah hybrid

Wet sumped my T125

Post by F5 »

Hiya long time. So my T125 was restored in a fury of activity when I found myself with some time. To about 90%, needs paint finish wiring etc,

Had full crank rebuild etc. Then got busy with other stuff so just put it to the side until rush cleared.

After 3 years I noticed it was dripping injector oil from ex ports (rags stuffed in there) I think. Anyhoo, at year 4, (last weekend) I got some pipes, changed the ignition points and have sparks. But what about the emptying oil reservoir?.

I pulled out the crankcase drains (jolly convenient). The left dropped out a mug of 2 red stroke oil. The right one was dry.

So I guess it I'd coming from the pump and into either the left bearing or maybe the centre.

What to do now?
Stinger & various others
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: Wet sumped my T125

Post by jabcb »

The oil lines have check valves that should stop the tank draining when the pump is not working. One of those valves is likely stuck open.

Flush out the lines until you get good flow from each line & the valves close to stop the leaking. Do NOT use compressed air because it will ruin the valve springs.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
F5
On the street

Post by F5 »

Thanks I did wonder about them and got a spare set of manky lines out last night to blow through but was inconclusive.

Do I take the lines off and try clean them out? Maybe with kerosene? Some syringe action, but banjo bolts make that difficult.
Stinger & various others
F5
On the street

Post by F5 »

Ok, maybe take them off, fill a spare tank with kero, and hang them over a bucket?
Stinger & various others
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Post by dollydog »

i'll try and explain this as best i can. if you've got a squirty type oil can with a pointed nozzle on it, makes it far easier. put a banjo bolt through the feed banjo and leave the nylon washers on. get an m6 nut and screw it on the banjo bolt - just hand tight will do. push the oilcan nozzle as tight up to the banjo bolt inlet as you can and squirt oil through the line. it should come out the twin ends every time you pump. if it doesn't come out you'll know one or both non return valves stuck and kaput. if they are ok, then hang the oil line up with the 2 banjos hanging down - over an old tub will do. if it keeps dripping you'll know the nrv's aren't seating properly. either problem, then don't use them. it's easier to do than to explain :D
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Post by jabcb »

dollydog wrote:i'll try and explain this as best i can. if you've got a squirty type oil can with a pointed nozzle on it, makes it far easier. put a banjo bolt through the feed banjo and leave the nylon washers on. get an m6 nut and screw it on the banjo bolt - just hand tight will do. push the oilcan nozzle as tight up to the banjo bolt inlet as you can and squirt oil through the line. it should come out the twin ends every time you pump. if it doesn't come out you'll know one or both non return valves stuck and kaput. if they are ok, then hang the oil line up with the 2 banjos hanging down - over an old tub will do. if it keeps dripping you'll know the nrv's aren't seating properly. either problem, then don't use them. it's easier to do than to explain :D
cheers, dd.
I use a banjo bolt & a short piece of fuel line. Pressing the nozzle against the fuel line works a bit better.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Post by dollydog »

thing is jab, i've got a pump action [squirty] can with a very pointed nozzle on it, and it fits inside the open end of the banjo bolt. it's a rigid type can, not one of those springy ones that wiggle about all over the place :D
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
F5
On the street

Post by F5 »

I do have a squirty oil can with a pointy nozzle on it. Well a steel tube. That sounds like a grand idea, thank you.

It actually has 2 stroke oil in it presently, but I could change it to injector type oil to be sure.

Right. A plan. :clap:
Stinger & various others