GT750 non-coupler Exhaust install

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

GTrida4life
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 73 GT750, 75 GT750, HD Road Glide

GT750 non-coupler Exhaust install

Post by GTrida4life »

Hello family, in the GT750 manual it list changing the exhaust from the older set with exhaust coupler to the newer model without the couplers for added hp. I am in the process of changing out but the mounting points are a little different. Has anyone out there made the switch and what modifications did you make in order to complete the process. Thanks in advance. :up:
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: GT750 non-coupler Exhaust install

Post by Alan H »

The mountings are different and you won't notice a power increase anyway. Later bikes had different porting/carburation etc. THAT made the difference.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

I wouldn't bother with OEM pipes - nice and quiet but they restrict power.

Depending on your budget, raise and widen the exhaust ports and leave the inlet ports alone and/or add a set of decent pipes. Jemco are good and cost effective. Their 3 into 1 is also light and sounds even better than their regular individual chambers.
GTrida4life
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 73 GT750, 75 GT750, HD Road Glide

Post by GTrida4life »

I'm getting ready to have crankshaft seals replaced over the winter so please provide me the dimensions for the exhaust porting. I would love to get some extra power that's streetable for next year riding season. Thanks.