GT750 SRIS tube placement

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

GTrida4life
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 73 GT750, 75 GT750, HD Road Glide

Re: GT750 SRIS tube placement

Post by GTrida4life »

Thanks, that is what I was hoping not to hear. Question: how best should I block the SRIS for me to complete an accurate leak test?
Indy650
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '74 GT250

Post by Indy650 »

karl pa wrote:
Indy650 wrote:
  Post subject:  Re: GT750 SRIS tube placement  
Karl, yes I didn't mention it because if that was the case it would be smoking out the left cylinder from the start.
Not sure I follow you on that, If the left cylinder is the one pulling gear oil, and the SRIS tubes are transferring the oil to center or right cylinder. He said in his first post that the right cylinder was smoking, he switched the SRIS tubes, now the center cylinder is the one smoking, We dont know witch crankcase SRIS is the one transferring oil , so all 3 cylinders must be questioned.
Does sound like crank rebuild. There are ways to soften seals if they are not cracked.
If the left cylinder seal was bad the left cylinder would smoke no matter what. it doesn't matter if there is an sris tube connecting to another cylinder the left cylinder would still smoke its not like the oil would pass right through the sris without mixing into the left cylinders fuel charge.
GTrida4life
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 73 GT750, 75 GT750, HD Road Glide

Post by GTrida4life »

Blue Devil not working.......