Suzuki t 350 - will not rev and bogs

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

renof
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T350

Suzuki t 350 - will not rev and bogs

Post by renof »

I have a 1971 t 350 that had a problem with rectifier. I replaced the rectifier and now the bike charges but it will not rev past 3000 rpm and then it begins to bog out and stalls. It idles good and carbs are balanced with a manometer.

Other than the charging issue the bike ran fine before I changed the rectifier. I have checked connections and grounds and they seem ok. The rectifier is an after market from oregon motorcycle works.

Not sure what issue and would appreciate help.

Thank you.
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Re: Suzuki t 350 - will not rev and bogs

Post by sportston »

Unless you fiddled with the generator and disturbed the points, almost certainly your problem is a poor connection somewhere.
Check all the connectors that you have disturbed for corrosion or breaking wires at terminals. If you have fitted an aftermarket rectifier that relies upon earthing through the body, you may have a poor earth and need to run a fresh earth from the battery to the body of the rectifier and/or to the earth wire of the rectifier.
Chances are that your ignition system is not getting enough juice from the poor connection that you have disturbed/created and is causing the misfire.
Just in case I would suggest you check the points are in good condition and set correctly, I doubt this is the cause of your problem, though it is possible.