Bogging out....

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

mkozan
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750

Bogging out....

Post by mkozan »

Hello,

I recently rebuilt the carbs and had some repairs done on my water pump(along with a bunch of other repairs) on my 1972 GT750. Everything runs/sounds great when i start it and start riding it. The issue that i'm having is that once i get it up to temperature it will occasional bog out and stall. I am able to get it started again(after a few minutes of sitting/cooling off) it it seems fine. This has happened the last couple of times that i have ridden it. Is it the carbs? or is there a bigger issue.... it is concerning as i have spent a tone of money and time bringing this bike back to life.

any advice would be great.

thanks,
Mike
Craig380
Expert racer

Re: Bogging out....

Post by Craig380 »

Does it only bog and stall at low rpm or when idling? And only when the motor is fully warmed up? How does it run on the road when it's warmed up?

What's the idle speed when the engine is up to temperature? It could be as simple as a tweak of the pilot screws on the carbs and raising the idle rpm a little.
1976 GT380 - wounded by me, and sold on
2006 SV650S - killed by a patch of diesel and a kerb in Feb 2019
2017 SV650 AL7 - naked and unashamed