Suzuki AC 50 Maverick, carb/air box questions

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tilersheer
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: ac50

Suzuki AC 50 Maverick, carb/air box questions

Post by tilersheer »

Is anyone familiar with these bikes? I bought one in a box and have been building it up, nearly finished.

My questions are in regards to the carb and airbox:

-The top of the carb has two small brass tubes, do either of these need to be connected to anything or are they just left open?
(one is visible in the picture attached)

-The bottom of the carb cover has a "chamber vent plug" with what seems like two tubes hanging out (see picture), I would assume one of these is the carb bowl over flow, what is the other thing?

-My airbox isnt complete, could I simply swap it out and put a pod filter where the stock airbox connects? (see picture)

If anyone has one of these bikes, I would love a picture of the inside of that cover with everything connected correctly.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Re: Suzuki AC 50 Maverick, carb/air box questions

Post by joolstacho »

The 2 brass tubes, one each side of the carb which are just breather tubes. I just put short lengths of hose on those to avoid the chance of dust getting in there, though I'm sure it's overkill.
There is also the float bowl overflow which exits via that lower rubber bung. Mine has one tube only there.
(See also my new post).