Archived Posts

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Thanks! When I was asking about the tightness in the pump, I had taken them apart and checked the piston, they all seemed to be OK. I had problems with the banjo/pump weeping oil. After trying different washers and gaskets, I ended changing the pump with a spare. The replacement also weeped. I finally put in a third pump, all the leaks stopped. The check valve I replaced with a spare, it also works the way it should now.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Really stiff clutch

Post by Admin »

I replaced the cable, lubed and adjusted it. I replaced the clutch springs and while it is a lot better it's still really stiff.

I'm going to either have kung-fu grip or I may put in some sort of cantilever on the clutch.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

anyone?

The manual implies they are interchangeable and I hope they are as that'll make replacement parts easier to find.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

as far as i know there are two types, and they are very different from each other. other than that there was no difference between like styles
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I don't know waht kind of bike you are talking about, but I ran into this on a GT550. The PO had apparently broke a chain at some time, and the push rod was bent between the clutch cable arrangement on the left of the engine, and the clutch itself on the right of engine. If that is the problem, also check the seal the pushrod goes thorough to make sure it is not damaged.

Kevin
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

It's a GT500, thanks I'll check that out.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Archived Posts

Post by Admin »

Archived