Carb Question

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

sonnyjim
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 GT750

Carb Question

Post by sonnyjim »

Sorry for all the questions right off the hop. Though I try to post solutions and tips too when I can.

I just did a quick rebuild on some carbs that have been sitting a long time. Of course the keyster kit did not have the o ring for the needle jet. I took one out of my o ring kit that i assume was bit too big... It got "crushed" into place when i put the float bowl on, I assume it should seal... I am not trying to build the carb to put the bike back together and ride it, just enough to get it running. Then i will take it off and ultra sonic it, etc.

Anyway, just wondering if this might be the reason my carb is leaking or if it's something else. Before putting the carb on the bike I did a bench test and found it leaking from "only" one spot. See pic, red circle. Anyone know why the carbs are leaking from here? They don't all do it constantly.
carb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.