Sundial Moto Sports

Suzuki Two-Stroke Message Board
Suzuki2Strokes.com
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:08 pm 
Still in the Driveway

Bikes owned: GT 750B
Hello everyone. My name is Todd in Richmond, VA. I have recently rebuilt my 75 GT 750 and cannot get it started.

Good spark, gas, compression and timing. I may have the wrong carbs. Mikuni TM 34

1st over bore and new OEM pistons. I have been reading the MIkuni set up guide and have the slides set at .040"
I have tried all sorts of sized starter jets and nothing. I also have some large pod (K&N) style air filters on it with expansion pipes.

Does anyone have any advice? Maybe just save up and get VM roundslides? I'm lost

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:49 am 
Novice racer

Bikes owned: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S
First eliminate any ignition problems. e.g. Are all points in good condition and adjusted correctly? Are all 3 plugs in good condition? Have you accidentally connected the plug leads in the wrong order? Are all plug caps in good condition, well insulated and making good contact where they screw into the leads? Is the timing correctly set?
Then, and only then, you can check carbs accurately.
Have you checked the float height is correct on all 3 and that the float needle is sealing? Too much fuel will flood the engine.
If all 3 float needles are set correctly and are sealing, then try starting it using "Easy Start".
If it churns over on the starter without firing while using Easy Start, then you have too much fuel, so will need to reduce the fuel flow by changing jet size accordingly.
If the opposite occurs and it will only start on Easy Start spray, then you most likely have a lean mixture and need to put a richer jet in.
It can take a lot of trial and error to get the carb jets set up correctly, so don't be surprised if it takes a while.
Good luck