T500 crank seals and crank case bolts?

Need some help? Put your question up here. Many years of experience on the board to help you get up and running.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Bengo10823
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Fazer 1000 and 71 t500

T500 crank seals and crank case bolts?

Post by Bengo10823 »

Hi
Iam doing a 1971 t500 cafe racer build and this arvo decided to have a go at the engine.

Firstly. Iam missing some crank case bolts. I believe there should be 16? Can anyone tell me how many of each size?
Where can I source these..?

Secondly, my crank appears ok but I don't know the history. The bike was a non runner bitsa bike when I got it.
Would you recommend getting seals done or try it?
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: T500 crank seals and crank case bolts?

Post by rngdng »

If the engine is together and you can do a leak-down test, you can determine (to some extent) how the seals are. If it's apart, it's a toss-up. The best case, is get the crank reworked, and then you're sure. It's not cheap, but do you want cheap, or reliable?

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
Bengo10823
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Fazer 1000 and 71 t500

Re: T500 crank seals and crank case bolts?

Post by Bengo10823 »

rngdng wrote:If the engine is together and you can do a leak-down test, you can determine (to some extent) how the seals are. If it's apart, it's a toss-up. The best case, is get the crank reworked, and then you're sure. It's not cheap, but do you want cheap, or reliable?

Lane

My thoughts too really if Iam honest...