Seeking details on parts to use with GT750J Resto

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Seeking details on parts to use with GT750J Resto

Post by MikeH1A »

Hi Guys,

Just a couple of quick questions on some parts for my resto of the J.

I will be rebuilding the motor in the next year or two so am thinking about picking up relevant pieces over time. I obviously will need a set of crank seals. Are there any better places to look in terms of availability and price? Is it 5 different seals that I need? I see Paul Miller puts sets up occasionally but I have learned not to have complete faith in his part numbers.

The other thing I am looking at are new wiring harnesses. Does anyone have the correct numbers for the two main harnesses? Are they the same for all year Gt750s? I don't know where to look to find the numbers.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Re: Seeking details on parts to use with GT750J Resto

Post by GT750Battleship »

8) Hi Mike,you can look Alpha Sports Suzuki on the Web,exploded diagrams of all the GT Triples & most other Suzuki's for that matter.....or CSMNL site, similar with exploded views,part numbers etc.
I read somewhere that North American sites can have slightly different part numbers for some things ?
I don't know for sure....maybe Ian (Oldjapanesebikes) can tell us if this is true,or not...? :)
PS I would think that any bikes you got in New Zealand would have been the same as Oz....I use the North American Wiring Diagram when I'm working on my harness/electrics....seems to be the same.
Cheers,
Roger.
GT750Battleship.