A sneak peek at my 76 750 restoration

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

A sneak peek at my 76 750 restoration

Post by pearljam724 »

Crappy cell phone pic. But, that's ok. I don't want to completely reveal just how good it's beginning to look until I'm completely finished. Which is a little over a month away. Waiting on several small bits from chrome shop, mess with forks again as I think I over filled one by a few ml. A couple small electrical ends, carb adjustments, refurbish throttle housing and rotors. Buy a battery. At a later date, further polish all engine covers to my satisfaction. Should be ready to fire up by then. Unbelievable amount of effort and time. A lot more money added than I initially planned. But, the better it looked as I went along. I couldn't stop myself from going a step further. I've also kept my original exhaust. Which is in pretty good condition. To put it very lightly, this bike was a mess when I began nearly nine months ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
RING_DING
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 GT750 B-4 (JDM), 1975 GT750M

Re: A sneak peek at my 76 750 restoration

Post by RING_DING »

Looking good! Those chambers look interesting....any idea who made them?
1973 Suzuki GT750K with Sidecar - Bonneville 2020
pearljam724
AMA Superbike

Post by pearljam724 »

RING_DING wrote:Looking good! Those chambers look interesting....any idea who made them?
They are Higgspeeds. I don't have the center cylinder pipe mounted for the time being, due to the bike being on the jack. I bought them from a member on here. Looks like they had never been used. $600, shipping included from across the globe. One of a few great deals I came across rebuilding it. I also was lucky enough to recently score a genuine NOS " A " model rear fender that is very hard to find in any condition. For $230, shipping included. In my experience, you can find great deals on Ebay. Only if you're patient. Hard to do, in the mist of restoring and wanting to get it finished. But, patience worked. I now have every piece I set out to obtain. Also, have several extra nice parts accumulated trying to score the nicest parts. Which I'll be selling. Roy, I followed your suggestion on CarolinaChrome. Up to this point I have been very satisfied with pricing, etc. The owner, Pete. Asked me over the phone, " How in the hell did you hear about us. " LOL !
Image Image
Flywheel
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 GT185

Post by Flywheel »

Looking good. Do you think she'll be on the road this riding season?
pearljam724
AMA Superbike

Post by pearljam724 »

[quote="Flywheel"]Looking good. Do you think she'll be on the road this riding season?[/quote

It all depends on the chrome shop that has a dozen or so pieces. A few of them being carb parts that I can not assemble until I receive them back. I talked to them yesterday and they said they were 6 to 8 weeks behind. But, he estimated me an additional few weeks. If that goes right, it will fire up within a month or possibly 2.
Image Image