Need help with this blue wire

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Need help with this blue wire

Post by pearljam724 »

Reason for the confusion. I have installed a new front and rear harness. It differs from my original one and the original owner had several different wires spliced every different direction. I've looked at schematics and I can not find answers to my couple of questions. First there is a lighter blue ( actually Aqua colored wire ) that runs from the harness to the turn signal relay. That is not the blue wire in question. The wire I am questioning is a regular shade of blue and in the second picture I posted. The blue wire runs off my new rear harness. However, that same color wire is connected to the rear socket of the 1st picture posted with electric grease inside the cavity. That cavity had no blue wire attached for my original set up. As you can see in the 2nd picture. That same colored wire leads from the gear indicator that I have attached new spades to. That socket for the indicator has six wires. Easy to understand. That blue wire is an additional seventh. Does that wire connect to the blue wire shown above it in picture 2 or to the socket shown in picture 1 ? What does this wire supply power to ? And regardless of which I connect to, the wire above the neutral switch or the one on the socket panel. There would be one left over with no connection. :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Re: Need help with this blue wire

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

On the front harness the blue wire comes from one side of the neutral bulb, it then goes to the rear section where it joins at the points four pin socket. From there it then continued to the sensor on the shift drum if its a 72 or 73 bike.
If its a 74 to 77 bike the points socket blue wire is not filled on the points engine socket side. The later bikes have a splice in the rear harness for what appears to be a spare blue wire, but its the same branch of the blue wire seen at the points socket. Simply plug the (spare) blue wire into the one next to the digital display sub harness by the left side cover with the bullet connectors and you will have neutral in the centre console.
Look at the attached schematic and you can see how its wired. Notice the blue wire goes to the points wire socket in this diagram but nothing continues on from there as this is for the 74 and later bike with the digital indicator using the branch circuit on the other blue wire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Re: Need help with this blue wire

Post by pearljam724 »

You were correct, Allan. It's all good. Thank you, for your help.
Image Image