T250R Wiring/cable routing and clutch basket

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

corky
On the street

T250R Wiring/cable routing and clutch basket

Post by corky »

Hi, i need a bit of help. Am restoring a T250 and am replacing the wiring harness with a NOS one. Having photographed everything else I took apart in the engine and placing it in bags so I knew how to put it back together I didn't photgraph where the wiring harness is routed around the frame/tank and the correct routing of the cables. Anyone with a T250 who can take some photos or in Sussex UK where I could come round and have a look. Doesnt sound much of a problem but believe me it is! Also need the driven outer clutch basket (p/no 21200-18001) as i have managed to break off one of the drive lugs if anyone has one spare AAAH!
locobuilderbri
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100.T250j

Re: T250R Wiring/cable routing and clutch basket

Post by locobuilderbri »

Hi Corky. Will transcribe the notes I took when restoring my American small sealed beam headlight(which I altered to take a bulb) T250j. Dont think a photo would be helpful as all my multiplug connections are under the tank, some of yours may be in the headlamp bowl if its a large headlamp model.
Did you follow the misinformation re "spragging the clutch" in the Haynes manual?
Jason Smith http://www.mytoolsuk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; now makes an excellent clutch holding tool for the T250/T500 I supplied the dimensions,He also can also supply one for the GT250's & 250x7 the only difference is the number of "teeth" on the outer ring of the clutch drum/basket.
You may be able to find a GT250 clutch easier than a T250 but you would need the whole clutch including the plates!
The other glaring error in the Haynes manual is re removing dont use a legged puller you will ruin the rotor! use a slide hammer or what i used an M16x50x1.5 pitch setscrew with end of the thread cleaned up to square it up to "jack" it off the taper, it may need a slight tap on the end of the screw just to shock the rotor of the drive taper.
Some of the torque figures in the Haynes manual are at varience with these supplied by Suzuki.
I can point you to other sites with more technical data if required?
Best Regards Bri e Transcript to follow after this w/ends Classic bike show at Stafford. Are you going?
corky
On the street

Post by corky »

Hi Bri, thanks for that. Have managed to pick up a whole T250 clutch at stafford for £9!! so just have to fit that. My headlight on the T250R is just a reflector with a bulb fitted.I think the T250R and the Stinger are the only models to have this type of headlight, no bowl, all the wiring is under the tank hence the problem!
locobuilderbri
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100.T250j

Post by locobuilderbri »

Hi Corky
My T250J also has all the small headlight with the connectors under the fuel tank.
Both elements of the sealed beam were blown so I fitted a reflector off a Suzuki RV125 (the weird thing with balloon tyres) It takes a conventional bulb,just had to cut off wires from reflector and crimp on bullets to the RV bulb holder.

Now you have another T250 clutch you could slot a piece of 12mm steel bar & weld it to one of your "spare" steel
clutch plates to hold the clutch centre hub for tightening up.

Right will try & attach my cable routing notes! If it fails let me have your email address & i will send it there.

Site wont let me attach document. Thats there loss so just send me your email address.

Regards Bri e
violadavis
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: none

Post by violadavis »

Hey, thanks for the information. I am also trying to restore a T250. From what I have read through a lot of forums, I think that its not going to be an easy task. How ever I am planning to contact Jason Smith for advice.