GT550 Blue paint ?

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

kawasaki
Still in the Driveway

GT550 Blue paint ?

Post by kawasaki »

Hi Guys I'm looking for someone that knows what the 74 ( first disc brake model ) blue paint colour is or where to get it painted in Sydney Aus . thanks Al
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: GT550 Blue paint ?

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

For the GT550L I think it was likely Suzuki colour code 706, and called Purple Blue Metallic. Regrettably that won't help you too much as there are no publicly available cross references to currently available paints from the Suzuki codes that I know of, and colour match options have been worsened by the move to water based finishes in most countries.

There may be at least one outfit in the UK that might be able to assist - check the ads in any recent copy of Classic Motorcycle Mechanics - but importing paint is difficult these days and the cost, and the risks of shipping things back and forth to have someone outside your country do the paint, I think would make this unattractive. Your best bet if you have something still painted in the original colour, would be to locate a professional paint supply place in your area and have them attempt a match.
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
kawasaki
Still in the Driveway

Re: GT550 Blue paint ?

Post by kawasaki »

thanks for the help I,m sure there will be a paint shop in Sydney Aus that will know or have records of the paint or be able to match we are still using 2pk and Acrylic over here , thanks Al in Aus PS I got the year wrong 73 k model first of disc brakes