GS1000S paint

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

joewillybob
Around the block

GS1000S paint

Post by joewillybob »

I've decided to paint my T500 with the same basic colors/paint scheme as a GS1000S. Anyone know what colors approximate the O.E. colors? I don't have a good enough picture to take to the paint store to do a color match. I realize that an exact match would be difficult, but, close would be good enough. The bike is not going to be a trailer queen, it's going to get some miles. Thanks.
drøn
On the main road

Re: GS1000S paint

Post by drøn »

Larry Pearson wrote:Reproduction Decals makes a striping kit for the S model, complete with tank, side cover and tail piece lettering. You could either use them, or use them as guides for templates. I had two S model tanks, so I was able to measure the stripes out on one and transfer it to the one on the bike now. The white I used is called "St. Lawrence" white. It's not a pure white like an appliance (refrigerator) white, it's more of an antique white. The blue is almost exactly the same shade as the late 60's Ford "Grabber Blue" that came out on Mustangs. If you use those, they're very, very close to the factory original.

Read more: http://www.bikeexif.com/suzuki-gs1000#ixzz1h4L6NyC5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing to my gt500 too.
joewillybob
Around the block

Post by joewillybob »

Thanks,just what I was looking for. The dimensions for the striping aren't critical 'cause I'm going to try and follow the crease lines on the tank. And I am going to use the stock rear fender so I wont' have a tail section. Just thought that I'd try my hand at masking and painting more than one color. Thanks again.
joewillybob
Around the block

Post by joewillybob »

Larry, do you remember the brand of the white paint that you refered to? Or maybe the brand of vehicle that it was used on? Thanks
drøn
On the main road

Post by drøn »

sorry for the confusion. I'm not Larry. I jut found the above quote in the comments on this page. http://www.bikeexif.com/suzuki-gs1000#ixzz1h4L6NyC5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good luck finding the correct shade.
BTW should the thin stripe really be black or dark blue?