GT750 Series Handlebars - Question

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

GT750 Series Handlebars - Question

Post by MikeH1A »

Did the bars change with models as the line up progressed? What do factory correct bars for the J model look like?

I'm looking to replace the ugly bars on my J. So far, I have ben offered three different sets of bars purportedly for the J series. Each of them has had the brake lever for the leading shoe drum bakes attached. However, as they are all different I'm guessing POs changed the basr to suit.

I've looked at the brochures and can se the type I'm looking for. The latest offering looks very similar and I thought I was onto a winner. But I see on evilbay two sets (from different sellers) that are supposedly for the J but the rise on these two sets is higher than on the ones I currently have.

Does anyone have a pic of bars they know to be correct/original for the J model?

Thanks, Mike
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: GT750 Series Handlebars - Question

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

According to any of the references I have, the stock bar was 56111-31000 and was used on all models (J through B) as standard. It is still available from Suzuki. There was an optional flat bar offered (56111-33600) for L through B.
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by MikeH1A »

Thanks for that. I found the bars are available thru Mother Suazuki but am resisting the cost of $NZ192 :o

Recently, my classic group held a show and we had 2 x '74 Buffaloes and 1 x '76 which all had the same bars on. However, they are different to the three types I've picked up to date and also look a bit different to the schematic drawing of the bars in the parts manual. So, if anyone has a photo of known original bars for a J model, I'd be keen to see it for comparison. So confusing trying to do the right thing in life :lol: :lol:
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
markj
To the on ramp

Post by markj »

Any recommendatoins for aftermarket bars that are close to stock?
So many Projects - So little time