New GT750 Exhausts - finally !

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

New GT750 Exhausts - finally !

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

This has been common knowledge for several months now, but I see that Delkevic finally have posted the information publicly on their web site. I understand that Kettle Club members get a hefty discount - enough to make taking out a membership worthwhile for non-UK based owners if you want a set of these. Develkic have incorrectly listed them as being for a 'J' and also have listed them for 1974 through 1978 (?), but these pipes are the M/A/B type with no crossovers. Of course they can be made to fit other models, but for me at least the only real reason to buy a set would be for a restoration as most folks would otherwise rechrome their own, or just buy spannies. They are faithful chromed steel reproductions in every respect, and they include the baffles.

Click here for a direct link to the web page. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Re: New GT750 Exhausts - finally !

Post by Zunspec4 »

Very nice, and the price for a set of perfect pipes isn't really unreasonable considering I saw a NOS set of T500 pipes (sans baffles) go on UK eBay for very nearly £1000 some time ago. Well it's reasonable if you just have to have the perfect resto :D . I wonder if they have any plans for T500 pipes, it would be nice to think so.

Cheers Zunspec
Rustygt550
On the main road

Post by Rustygt550 »

Marcel from Holland sells the repro T500/Gt500 pipes
http://www.suzukitandgtparts.nl/begin_gt.htm

Click on the link on the sidebar called HotParts
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

It looks as if Delkevic in the USA will also be selling the GT750 pipe sets starting sometime this summer - I just had an email from their service desk to that effect. I also gather than later this year, individual pipes will be offered for sale also. 8)
Ian

rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by rbond »

The repro T/GT500 pipes look great! So is the price, $824.00 USD. Or am I too cheap? (be nice) At least in my case, that is almost what I paid for the bike to begin with.... It also looks like they are distributing Titan Performance's CDI units for the twins and triples, good job!! It seems the old bike parts business is really heating up.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

oldjapanesebikes wrote:It looks as if Delkevic in the USA will also be selling the GT750 pipe sets starting sometime this summer - I just had an email from their service desk to that effect.
Just an update on this - I spoke to the American Delkevic branch in Colorado this morning and they are now offering these for sale via their sister company Steele's Cycle on eBay under item number 300556639913, for about $200 USD less than in the UK per set - part number PR1714. :up: :up:
Ian

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP

Delkevic has started selling the reproduction centre down pipe to fit M, A and B models by itself (no silencers) in the UK for £129.99, or roughly $210 USD. I'd expect the US branch to offer it also before too long. 8)
Ian