TS125C - Project progress (now that I've re-found the site)

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

TS125C - Project progress (now that I've re-found the site)

Post by Zunspec4 »

:D Nice to be back albeit with a tweaked login name as the old one wasn't recognised. A big thankyou to all involved with the new server stuff and getting this most excellent commumity back on-line.

TS125C as it started:

The bikes been totally stripped and I have sorted the parts that have gone off for Powder Coat/Welding/Polishing/Plating etc. Which is what promted this post as I just got a call to say a bunch of parts are ready for collection so I'll have something to get me into the workshop and away from the TV this holiday season :D :D :D

For this bike I have been trying to do a bit more of the work myself instead of farming it out. Been having fun with rattle cans on some of the minor parts.

The engine cases are being powder coated which meant a complete strip, first time I have done this with a vertically split motor. I'm sure I will be looking for advice from the forum when it is time to re-assemble the little beast.

Cheers Zunspec

(Real name Geoff Wells BTW)
MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by MikeH1A »

Hi Zunspec and welcome back,

I found a copy of the magazine article re your bike - all the way down here in New Zealand. A good read, well done. How is she running now? My T500R is finally up and running.

Mike
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Post by Zunspec4 »

Hello Mike,

The T500 is now running tolerably well, won't rev cleanly to the red line but has been getting bettter. Unfortunately I have a leak from the oil tank, which could be a fracture near the outlet boss rather than a loose fitting. The front brake as mentioined in the article is rather crap but I have to get wheel out for re-truing and intend to get the hub skimmed to match the shoes at the same time. Hopefully I will be able to get it to perform better.

Nice shot of it here at the Bath Classic MC Whitehorse Run in Sept.

Cheers Zunspec